huge nipissing largemouth bass

Well I arrived last night in North Bay to the inlaws. Got out on the water today for 6 hours.

I was slow working a stick bait and felt the tap tap, wham set the hook!!! Felt good weight.

The fish started to pull hard. It started pulling drag, i was freaking out i knew it was a bass and it was pulling drag when i had it set really tight lol I got a look at it and it dove deep and pulled so hard!!!! I couldn't even speak when i got it in the net and into the boat after about 5 minutes. I was so pumped!

After i settled down and got the hook out, i lifted her and wow what a great feeling to hold a big fish like this again, its been 5 years + since i have had this feeling. The length was just shy of 23inches and the weight was 5lbs 6oz. A true beast for Lake Nipissing. I was actually surprised it only weighed 5lbs 6 oz with it being so long, it was fat but has alot of room to get bigger, man i would love to see that fish in November. Once in the boat it didn't move, it let me take pics, measure and when i released it it just swam away like nothing happened!

Here is a couple pics!

august29th2008028.jpg

august29th2008026.jpg

I'm still excited about the day! I can't wait to get out tommorow!

Cheers!

Beauty Fish !!!

I'll be happy if I get one 4 lbs today on the upper Niagara!!

As for 23 inches and only 5 lb 6 oz, yea, I too caught a 23 incher (in the fall , no less) and it weighed 5.2 on the berkley digital. If you use the weight guide for bass they both should weigh in the 6-7 lb range, they (yours, mine) seemed to both have missed a meal along the way :dunno:

Still a beauty!! :thumbsup_anim: