Long Weekend Plans?

ccmtcanada

Well, hard to believe it's the Labour Day weekend already! What do you have planned?

For much of Ontario, it's looking to be the picture perfect weekend. Light winds, temps in the mid 20's and no rain in the forecast. A slight cold front is coming through today, but only affecting the temps by a few degrees.

Bly and I are going to try to head back to Sturgeon Lake on Saturday....and then a camping night in the backyard with the little one in our tent.

Have a great long weekend everyone...looking forward to the reports.

Be safe on the road and on the water!

Last weekend of the summer but going to make the best of it. Looks like great weather coming here too.

Today I dug a trench for an outside phone jack at the cottage. Just to be able hook up the laptop in the great outdoors on nice days.

The seadoo might get a good workout with the kids.

Have to attend the Powassan fall fair on Sunday afternoon. I'm the pit crew for the two cars we have entered in the demolition derby. That's a fun time.

Just may go fishing a couple times too. :thumbsup_anim:

Plan is to fish the next three days.

Usually by lunch time each day the tri lakes are a write-off because of heavy boat traffic, sea-doos, wakeboarders and general bad boating behaviour. :blahblah1:

The water ends up having a chocolate milk consistency.

So early am and late evening tends to be more sane.

Not impressed, I didn't get around to filling the gas tank on the boat and now the price here is $1.30/Litre. Bend over :wallbash:

Good luck everyone and stay safe out there!

Saturday: Rescue a Black Lab named Sheba from the 10x10 cage she's been living in for the past 4 years and take her home with us... :thumbsup_anim: It's been in the works for a while...she's a sweetheart and deserves a good home!

Sunday: Fishing, some yard work and Bayfest in Port Rowan.

Monday: Fishing with my daughter and Reno's to the house.

Happy Labour day weekend everybody!

Cheers,

UF

Well I'm still at work :angry: but on the bright side the traffic should be over when I leave. :rolleyes: My fish partner for tomorrow has just cancelled so not sure what I'll do tomorrow, :dunno: fishing some where though. Sunday and Monday a mini get-a-way with the misses. :)

HEY UF - We need some pics of the new pup!

Edited by fishnsled

PUTTIN THE LUND IN ON HER MADIEN VOYAGE SUNDAY ON SCUGOG. FISH WILL JUST BE A BONUS THAT DAY!!!

Gee...how did I know about this Lund?? LOL.

Fish just a bonus? That's like saying "It's a honour just being nominated..."

Have a great one Scott.

Right now fishing Sunday, we are just trying to sort out which of the Kawartha Lakes we are going to go to. We may be up on Sturgeon as well. If you see a really ugly camoflauge boat up there make sure to say hi.

Edited by Jonaton

Right now fishing Sunday, we are just trying to sort out which of the Kawartha Lakes we are going to go to. We may be up on Sturgeon as well. If you see a really ugly camoflauge boat up there make sure to say hi.

I'll look for the boat for sure! We have two Ontariofishing.net stickers on our boat...one on the bow and one near the stern....same thing goes for you ok?

3 Days on Georgian Bay.. The last time I went up the fishing was tough.. too many largemouth bass, not enough smallies and pike.. I like fish that actually fight, not just flop around when they are hooked.. hopefully the fishing this weekend is a bit better.. I'm currently in Salmon mode, so i'll have to tone it down a bit for the bay..

workin the last few days so took the opportunity to head to camp at the beginning of the week instead..wife working too and then the kid's start school, so Labour day is at home this year..but, I have some plans for the next couple weeks to get to camp with just a few good fishin pals ..no wife....no kids , just some fishin...drinkin...eatin...fishin.. :Gonefishing:

splatter zone seats for evil dead the musical in toronto sat night

Haa haa awesome, you'll love it........Hail to the king baby.

Ribfest in Burlington, visit the in-laws, clean up around the house..........anything but salmon pier fishing, the marshmallow brigade will be out in full force!

Change of plans for us....our oldest (aka babysitter) had a work schedule change....looks like we're headed out tomorrow instead of today. That makes today/tonight our campout in the backyard day. Our little one still wants to catch fish, so we are headed somewhere for some shore panfishing around lunch.