Nippising Vacation

FISHINGNUT

We took our holidays up at Promised land camp last week on Nippissing,The new owners Henning and Linda are very friendly and helpfull and the park is still very well maintained as when Frank owned it.We were faced with mile high clear blue skies but managed to boat alot of lrg mouth ,we concintrated our efforts in back bays with heavy cover.We used Top water soft frogs, senkos and texas rigged curly tailed worms thanks to KOMANCHI ,They were just crushing the top water baits but it was really difficult sinking the hooks and keeping them on in such heavy cover,For every bass we boated we lost 2 but heavy cover was where they were.My uncle tried more open deeper water with very little success so we stuck with it for the week at least we were triggering strikes.We did manage a few smallies on deep rock points but the bite was really tough they were just sucking in the tubes not one decent hit all real light pick ups all the pike we caught were small .Monday night was just on fire we boated 20 bass and lost just as many in a few short hours.That night all were over 2.5 lbs the biggest being 5.4 lbs it didnt matter where we casted in the bay there seemed to be a bass .My son and I both managed our PB for lrg mouth on this trip mine measured 23" which I hope helps team #7 in the point standings.All in all it was a great trip with alot of fish ,I posted a very small sample of the bass we caught all week long there was just to many pics to post.Hope you enjoy the pics

Jamie

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

PB large mouth 23 "

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

My son Jacobs PB large mouth

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

Great looking fish. I'm usually at promised land camp 2-3 times a year and have never caught a largemouth up there. Whenever my dad gets up there he gets quite a few, but he likes the largemouth fishing more than I do. I go after smallies, wallies, pike, and skies when I'm up there, but after seeing your post, I might be tempted to give the largies a shot when I head up on the 12th. That is if you left some without hookburn :whistling:

Good job on those largies and congrats on the PB's. :thumbsup_anim:

I am totally amazed my your report on the Nippissing Largies.

I have been fishing the West Arm area of Nippissing for many years and have done well with walleye, muskie, pike and smallies but I have been stumped every year looking for largies.

I had almost given up hope of finding any Largies up there but now that I know they are around I will redouble my efforts next time to find them.

Congrats :clapping:

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Very very impressive largies! That is one monster largie! I guess the largie stocking program for Nipissing is starting to pay off! Congrats on you and your son's PB.Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Johnny Bass