5 for 8 on Lake Ontario today

Joey

What a perfect day on Lake Ontario today. Got up nice and early and headed down before it got too hot. Winds were pretty calm and water temp was 69 deg.

Got out to about 145 FOW and set up three rods, one on the rigger with a green and white fly, then two had dipsy's and spin doctors, one with another green fly and then the other with a green and silver spoon.

I was just getting comfy and noticed the rod on my side of the boat had a ring around the line in between the rod tip and second last hole, which upon further inspection we realized was the tip's plastic eyelet not attached anymore :(

Paul reeled in and we were trying to crazy glue it back in place when we hear that wonderful zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound.

It was on the rigger and was a beauty 30.5 inch salmon for Paul.

2732604981_56b8eaecdb_b.jpg

We tried to glue the eyelet but it was not taking so we quickly changed that rod up with another rod and fly.

Not long after that one went off and it was my turn, a nice little shaker at 21.5 inches. Glad we changed the rod :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

2732604989_8c753bf860_b.jpg

About a half hour later, the rigger goes off again and its Paul's turn and he reeled for a looooooonnnnngggg time. There was alot of peeling and reeling going on :lol:

The finished product was this slab :o 38 inches

2732604997_d5f6aa5e92_b.jpg

Too bad we didn't enter the tourney :wallbash:

Look at the teeth on this beast.

2732605003_103fd61959_b.jpg

Next up is my turn again about another half hour later and again its on the rigger.

It was a good fight and got the salmon boatside and just as we're netting her she peels off under the boat and I lose everything :( We were both heartbroken.

We regained our composure and headed off again.

Next the spoon went off and after a brief battle it was off. About a half hour later it was the spoon again and Paul landed a nice 30.5 inch bow.

2732605005_38551281cb_b.jpg

We had a few more on/off hits but not much more.

The bite turned off around noon and it stayed off until we couldn't take the heat anymore at 1:30.

It thought this cloud was cool. Kind of looks like waves.

2732605019_20c562ba0c_b.jpg

All in all a great day I'd say.

Joey