Pigeon lake report w/family

jediangler

My daughter, wife & I went up to Camp Ashtabula for a week of fun & fishing on Pigeon lake.

loaded.jpg

Got the car loaded up to the max and started our 260km journey to the Kawarthas.

dockbass.jpg

After unpacking, the wife and kid wanted to do some fishing off the dock. The wife caught this largemouth and I caught a small walleye, many bluegill and a few crappie just before the sun went down.

dockrock.jpg

The kid caught some perch as well as this WGSF. She really liked the polarized glasses for watching the fish eat her jig.

yakeye.jpg

Next day was a rainy one so I put on the rainsuit and went in search of musky in my kayak. I caught this 20" walleye on a firetiger slopmaster.

yakbass.jpg

It was still raining in the afternoon so I went back out in search of crappie and instead hooked this largemouth on a 1/16oz jig & grub combo.

yakkid.jpg

My 8yr old wanted to try out the kayak for the first time, so after donning her lifejacket, she was off. She went out and around the swimming platforms like a pro. Looks like another yakker in the family.

dockski.jpg

Next morning it was raining again and the wife wanted to fish from the dock. My daughter and I stayed in the cottage to watch cartoons when we heard some excitement down at the water. She hooked this musky on a 1/8oz jig & grub combo and had no way of landing it. I got my raincoat on and grabbed a pair of pliers and camera and headed out to help. Thanks to our host Donna for taking the photo.

broski.jpg

By midweek my parents and my brother and his wife joined us at the cottage. While the wives went out golfing and my parents looked after my daughter, brother Joonmoon and I went in search of musky in the 14' rental boat. He caught this 35" scrapper on a Mepps musky killer bucktail in black w/gold blade off a windblown point. It jumped 3 times including one where it jumped into my head while I was laying out the cradle to land it.

lilski.jpg

Took the wife and daughter out in the evening in the rental and we all caught perch, rockbass, and small largies before the wife hooked this cute little guy on the same 1/8oz jig she was using off the dock.

googill.jpg

Next day Joonmoon and Goog took the rental out and caught many different panfish including this bluegill caught by Goog.

brobass.jpg

Brother Joonmoon caught the biggest bass of the week, this 19" largie on a musky killer bucktail.

The week seemed to end so fast but after talking with the Carter's we found an open cottage for a week in August so we will be back soon for another week of fun & fishing at Pigeon lake.

Edited by jediangler

You guys seems to be doing well with the muskies! Nice report Jedi!

So.. to sum up your report.

Your wife: 2 muskies, 1 largie

Your daughter: WGSF!!

You: only 1 walleye and 1 largie

wow, this whole wife/son/daughter outfishing the husband/dad thing is still holding true! And..no pic no fish, so don't tell us now that you actually managed 2 50' muskie but couldn't snap a pic :P

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Victor

Yo Fishdawg, I caught several dozen Crappies all between 8-12" on 1/8 oz jig and white yum grub combo and power bait combos, while I was bouncing the bottom structure and weeds for walleyes. Funny tho didn't catch any eyes. Even caught some giant Blueys on that set up too. Released all fish...too lazy to clean em but I know they're yummy, have eatin from there in years past.

Nice report :thumbsup_anim:

Family fun and some real good fish caught there. Pigeon lake always coughs up something decent.

I've noticed more jetski's and wakeboarding and less fishing happening there last few years.

Probably helps us fisherpeople with catching.

Great stuff,

ehg