New PB Pickeral -31 Inches

Nemo

Haven't been able to do much fishing this year due to other priorities and a new job.

Any ways got a few minutes on Saturday to head out on Kashagawigamog for a couple hours.

I headed out to my spot and rigged up a worm harness with a nice dew worm.

Dropped it down in 18 - 20 feet and began trolling it over some deep weed beds. The sun was high but there was a good chop and moderate wind that drifted me along.

First off I connect with nice 15 incher which puts up a nice fight. I'm pumped as it looks like they are biting.

Rebait and head back over the same drift. Halfway through I had a huge strike. Stopped the motor and started to fight it. Took a couple of minutes to get it off the bottom. From the weight I knew it was a good one. Made some nice runs.

The neighbour kids trolled over to see what the commotion was. You should have seen their faces and mine when it came up. :thumbsup_anim:

No camera with them either dang.

It was pretty pooped when we got it up and made some small jumps. Boat side I was able to grab it (no net) and release the hook from the corner of it's mouth. Nicely hooked though.

Measured it quickly on the tape I have in my boat and it was 31 inches. Got it back in the water and revived it for a couple minutes and it kicked off with a nice splash. Had the shaky leg and the sore arm so I was happy.

Finished off with another 15 which I added to the other for some bacon wrapped pickeral on the BBQ.

All in all a good trip.

Thanks for reading.

Nemo

Thanks for the notes gents. Did some looking around and found some video of a fish of the same size.

Of course I thought mine looked bigger (LOL) but it will give you some idea of size.

"Jim Dicken, fishing out of Green Island Lodge hooks a gynormous Walleye. This walleye went 31 inches and weighed over 14 pounds. A top 10 Fish in Ontario in 2007, and the largest known Walleye from Lake Manitou"

right on man, rates right up there with the pigs from BOQ or Erie, they don't get much longer than that, had to be at least a conservative 12 lber or so..we wieghed a couple lately while out with some buddys in the 29-30 incher range pushing between 9-11 lbs or so from Erie..so you gotta know that one you caught is a real hog :Gonefishing:

Sweeeet! Congrats on the new PB! I always get a bit shaky when I pull in something like that, not sure that feeling ever goes away, at least I hope not :)

Congratulations again!

Hey Cookslav thanks for the photo I was doing some googling and found this..hilarious

March 15 / 2008 - New World Record Walleye Through The Ice

I have no information yet but this might be a new world record Walleye for ice fishing. The Walleye is 23 pounds and was caught on Helen Lake near Steamboat Bay. If you have any information or more pictures of this fish, please email them to me at [email protected]

Please Note: Some people think this picture might be a fake. Ontario Out of Doors Magazine is investigating the fish.

Looks fake to me but maybe Terry can give his expert opinion.

1.jpg

Haven't been able to do much fishing this year due to other priorities and a new job.

Any ways got a few minutes on Saturday to head out on Kashagawigamog for a couple hours.

I headed out to my spot and rigged up a worm harness with a nice dew worm.

Dropped it down in 18 - 20 feet and began trolling it over some deep weed beds. The sun was high but there was a good chop and moderate wind that drifted me along.

First off I connect with nice 15 incher which puts up a nice fight. I'm pumped as it looks like they are biting.

Rebait and head back over the same drift. Halfway through I had a huge strike. Stopped the motor and started to fight it. Took a couple of minutes to get it off the bottom. From the weight I knew it was a good one. Made some nice runs.

The neighbour kids trolled over to see what the commotion was. You should have seen their faces and mine when it came up. :thumbsup_anim:

No camera with them either dang.

It was pretty pooped when we got it up and made some small jumps. Boat side I was able to grab it (no net) and release the hook from the corner of it's mouth. Nicely hooked though.

Measured it quickly on the tape I have in my boat and it was 31 inches. Got it back in the water and revived it for a couple minutes and it kicked off with a nice splash. Had the shaky leg and the sore arm so I was happy.

Finished off with another 15 which I added to the other for some bacon wrapped pickeral on the BBQ.

All in all a good trip.

Thanks for reading.

Nemo

Excellent job lettin the big one swim!!!