A Summers Update. NF unfortunalty.

Bernie

Hi all. Haven't been on here much lately so just thought an update was in order.

As has been the usual for the past 3 summers fishing has taken a backseat to fixing up the summer residence. Last year was the boathouse project which is pretty much complete. (Geez I hate doing trim). This years major upgrade is an old building that was in very poor condition. Well it was built around 1930 give or take a year or two. The walls, rafters and 95% of the roof boards were still ok. It's also hard to get permits for a new building. So it was refurbish time. Started jacking it up in April and trying to get it leveled out.

This is the only picture I could find of it's previous condition. As you can tell its just a little off level :whistling: That's my daughter by the way.

100_0305.jpg

This is the state of it now. Next is some new shingles and some more paint.......O ya...Trim too.

P1020098.jpg

I apologize for not making it to Lakair this year as well. We had a family reunion at my cottage last Saturday and needed to prepare for it. This reunion marked 80 years of family at this place. About 60-70 showed up for it. We had a good time and the weather wasn't bad.

Found out my barbecue can zing out the burgers in a hurry anyway.

This pic is my Mom and Dad and our immediate family.

IMG_1212.jpg

Maybe my next report will be a fishing one as I am ready to give working on the place a break for a while.

Thanks to my fishing team The Reel Screamers for your patience as well.

Holy crap! You mean to tell me... you produce beautiful chicks like that!!!! dang... I wish I knew you earlier! LOL!

Bernie awesome account of you're time away I was wondering what the heck...

Nice to see Karen, Mark, Mike, Willy, Verna... and I am certain I have met a couple the others as well.. Wow Looks like you had a great time!

Keep in touch would yah? some of us live vicariously through you!.... That being me! LOL

Great to see you're having a great summer Bernie..

But I have one question... Did I leave my jigs there?!?!?!?! I am heading up in 6 days!! LOL

G

Lookin good Bernie! I have to echo Gerritts comment... you have deliberately kept the women folk away from us... I'm hurt, but not surprised!

Cottage is looking good B, but I must say, the family looks way better!

HH

Wow...80 years with cool T-shirts to commemorate it!

No need to apologize Bernie...family stuff comes first! Hopefully I'll get to see you again next year up on Nipissing.

Great pictures...and nice work on that old building!

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Where did you leave the jigs G? I will have a look. I will make you up some more if I can't find them.

If you guys are going to be better behaved next time up I will introduce you to the rest of the family. :unsure:

The T-shirts were designed by a talented cousin. I like the dark blue ones. It's harder to tell if you spill something on them. And that seems to happen to me a lot.

Lunkerbh- if you are in Hunters or Fish Bay let me know.