What was your 1st Car?

danbo

Lew, my first car was a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport, metallic blue, black interior with the factory 4- speed and factory in dash tachometer, I loved it.

Sold it in 82, hard up for cash and I always regretted it.

2 years ago my Buddy out in Vancouver emails me a picture of his new car; its a 65 parisienne convertible in showroom condition. Took him 5 years to convince the older fellow who owned it to sell it to him! I guess he wore him down lol.

Last visit out, he let me drive it around, excellent memories!

cheers

Lew, my first car was a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport, metallic blue, black interior with the factory 4- speed and factory in dash tachometer, I loved it.

Sold it in 82, hard up for cash and I always regretted it.

2 years ago my Buddy out in Vancouver emails me a picture of his new car; its a 65 parisienne convertible in showroom condition. Took him 5 years to convince the older fellow who owned it to sell it to him! I guess he wore him down lol.

Last visit out, he let me drive it around, excellent memories!

cheers

When I met my wife she was tooling around in her Mom's brand spanking new '63 Parisienne C.S. convertible. Powder blue with blue roof and dark blue interior. Nice looking car. Nice ride for a 16 year old girl. Only one I ever saw in those colours.

JF

skipped out on the car for first vehicle

bought this instead cuz it seemed wayyyy cooler at the time :dunno::P

1972 Triumph - 750cc Trident

324050910.jpg

had the bike for many years, in the pic is my oldest daughter who is now turning 14 on the 7th,my how time flies

Still got the daughter :lol: , not the bike :(

divorced her mom 10 years ago,got screwed over :blahblah1::blahblah1: ..had to sell the bike...wish I still had it cuz I had it since way before I met my X wife and started having kids....oh well maybe one day when the kids get older time for more toys..for now I am happy that I get away with having a trailer and a couple boats :whistling:

as for first actual car...1980 Pontiac Pheonix, red with an ugly grey stripe..definately not as cool as the bike :lol:

1957 Ford Fairlane...Black/white like this one:

My bro-in-law (fresh outa the pen in Kingston) had it so fine tuned it ticked like a clock and oh my how it could scoot away when the lights changed... :D

If memory serves me right It was repossed by the finance company because we were two months late in our payments... :(

Then started my love affair with Volkswagon beetles:

Oldest was a 1953 with the turn signals on arms that popped out beside the doors unless some mother's child had bent them enough that they stuck...

Brand new 1966 Bahama Blue with a gas heater...could get it up to 90 mph on the long grade coming south from Lindsay on hwy 35...my kids learned to drive it on the ice at Lake Simcoe before they were of age...

1971 Saab 96, ford V4 1.5L engine, 4 speed column gear shift, they even had a free wheel coaster to disengage the gearbox when on the highway, almost like an early cruise,to save gas,!!! had two the other was a 1970 then progressed to an Alfa sud 1500TI now that was a snot rocket 140mph boxer 4cylinder with 170hp at the wheels hahahaha

SAAB96NEW.jpg

cheers

ian

Those early Saabs were hard to kill. Remember rallying them through the forests. Mum also had an Alfa Sud that we appropriately called "Alf". Great little car, but a pain to keep on the road...

My first car was a '72 Chevy Vega (similar to the photo). This car was GM's answer to the oil crisis at the time but was built with a "throw away" 4 cylinder engine. When it was time for my THIRD engine (first replacement paid for by GM) I secured an all aluminum Oldsmobile 215 cubic inch V8. My shop teacher would not let me use the school's facility to effect the transplant so car and motor was sold.

This car FOREVER soured me on ANYTHING remotely tied to GM.

The only good thing about this car was the completely flat area under the hatch when the back seat was folded down. Great for camp outs or impromptu lounging facilities :o Ironically my next car was also a hatchback that had a flat rear area ('69 Mustang Mach I - that didn't need an engine transplant!)

Have not driven domestic since these two early encounters with N.A. built "stuff"

72Vega.jpg

Same car for me only mine was orange with black"racing stripes"

Studerbaker Hawk....

My first car was a 52 plymouth cambridge 4 door sedan, ( 2 door shown ) followed by a 59 studebaker lark.

1952PlymouthCambridge.jpg

59studelark.jpg

I did go on to better cars later.

78 Silver anniversary L82

corvette1.jpg

39 De Soto

desoto5.jpg

Edited by Garyv

Studerbaker Hawk....

My first car was a 52 plymouth cambridge 4 door sedan, followed by a 59 studebaker lark. If I get a chance after work I'll post pictures.

We have a winner!!!!

I knew it'd take an ol' fart to ID it!!!

1961 model... and the right color too!

My first love was a '52 Monarch . . . the ol' reliable 292, and a set of straight pipes on 'er . . . coppers used to sit and wait for me . . . wasn't hard to tell when I was around . . . could hear the beast long before ya saw it. The poor ol' gal tangled with a skunk, late one Saturday night . . . . damn thing got caught in the undercarriage, and banged around for a half mile before coming off!! I drove the car out in a field near the house, left it sit all fall & winter, windows down, doors open . . . in the spring it STILL stunk! Wreckers wouldn't take it off my hands . . . . finally found somebody who needed the rear end & rad to take it off my hands!

gallery_77_129_181622.jpg

My first car was a '66 Dodge Valiant that I bought for $65.00. Put in a new water-pump ($25.) in the sellers driveway and drove it home. It had a push-button transmission on the dash and a rubber foot pump thing on the floor for the windshield washer. I drove it for two years and then sold it for $100.00.

My favorite vehicle tho' was a '69 VW van. Traded my stereo and two boxes of albums for it. In 1980, I drove it from Vancouver to London On. in the middle of February. The gas heater didn't work and the little bit of heat that made it up to the front of the van was quickly lost in the breezes. We drove all the way wrapped up in sleeping bags and a scraper in one hand scraping the inside of the windshield. Great van for camping and touring in the summer tho'. If I ever win the lottery, I'll get another one.

My 1st car was a 1961 Corvair that I bought when I got outta the Navy. Fun little car to drive and handled really well with the air cooled engine in the rear.

1961_Chevrolet_Corvair_Monza.jpg

But my FAVORITE car out of all the ones I've ever owned and the one I wish I still had today was a 1965 Pontiac Parisienne convertible.

It was identicle to this one, cept mine was turquoise instead of red but still had the white convertible top and interior.

This thing was as big as a bus but just floated down the hiway and handled like a dream.

Put down the top, crank up the tunes and me & the Mrs would cruise the hiways for hours :thumbsup_anim:

I've still got the Mrs. after 42 years, but I got rid of the convertible 35 years ago and am still kicking myself for ever letting it go. It was still in mint condition when I traded it in.

65_bonne_davis.jpg

Hey Lew my dad used to own a corvair, he said it would go like stink... but couldn't stop for snot. Apparently most of his cars from the 60's shared those characteristics.

1st car was a '69 Buick Special (basically a Skylark). Got it off my Dad for free and drove the snot out of it. I had 300,000 MILES on it and it was still going strong when some donkey rear ended me and totalled it while I was stopped at a red light.

Once I recovered from the whiplash, I went out and got a '71 Impala. I remember the shock when I left T.O. in that beast to go to college in Thunder Bay and had to pay 70 CENTS A GALLON for gas somewhere around Wawa. I think that the Toronto prices were somewhere around 40 cents.