It's my turn

cranks bait

The weekend started for me on Friday night. Up till midnight packing the boat and all the gear. Got up at 3 in the morning to go to the cottage. Had to boat into the cottage in the pouring rain. As soon as the boat was unpacked out fishing I went. On my third cast I landed into a 21 inch (no signage for the contest) 4 pound largy. The weeknd was hot action all the time. The rain let up and the fish just kept on hitting. There were a lot of trucks and trailers at the landing, but no boats on our lake, not a problem for me.

The last cast of the day landed me a 20 inch 6.8 pound large mouth. It was short for what it was. It was a football. Tall, huge, I wish the pictures showed it better.

We called it a weekend early and came home Monday morning. I was tired from lifting a bunch of heavy weights, and my wife was homesick. Went back out on Canada Day here at home with my wife. The action was just as good here, although everybody said it sucked? Tamara (my wife) managed to finally catch her first fish, a 2.5 smallie. She was exstatic, as was I. We quickly had to turn around to hit the same spot to get the rest of them for her.

For a lousy weather weekend, I forgot all about it because I was into so many fish. I wish it could always be like this.

tams2.5.jpg

20inches.jpg

6.5cow.jpg

open4lb.jpg

Edited by cranks bait

Nice bass! Here's a pic of a bass I picked up last weekend!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22727...103676882LKDtMl

Been sitting in a warehouse for 35 years and a family member had been hiding it from me all that time! Got it and an amp for nothin and I couldn't be happier...

OOOPS... wrong kinds bass! LOL It's cuttin into my fishin time!

(Sorry for the hi-jack!)

HH

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice bass! I don't think that bass spawned yet! I usually catch a wack of Largies like that in the fall when they are putting on the feed bag. That guy has definitely been eating well.