Greencoachdog

I think spiders are awesome. Black widows are beautiful especially the females. Two summer's ago found one actually nesting in my kicten window at the top of one of my blinds.....I was cleaning them when she actually came at me luckily i was faster than her but she did scare the damn bejeeber's outta me.

I hated to do it but ended up spraying spider spray where she was because i did not fancy hundreds in my kitchen a few months later...... <_<

It's like everything these days. Same day shipping around the world and no pest control, causing non-native insects/animals to show up everywhere.

I was getting some rubber parts.... that we were assembling with our plastic parts...... for Isleeves, for the original sized Ipod, shipped in overnight Fedex from China. We'd open the boxes and have bugs fly out. SOP after the first couple boxes was full respirator and bug bomb spray. Who knows what else we could have contracted from that stuff. I did all the work myself on the prototype run and wouldn't let any employees near it.

I think spiders are awesome. Black widows are beautiful especially the females. Two summer's ago found one actually nesting in my kicten window at the top of one of my blinds.....I was cleaning them when she actually came at me luckily i was faster than her but she did scare the damn bejeeber's outta me.

I hated to do it but ended up spraying spider spray where she was because i did not fancy hundreds in my kitchen a few months later...... <_<

I don't mind spiders....as long as they do their thing someplace else.

Black Widows in southern Ontario ???

I always thought they were found in warmer climates,

but I guess they can hibernate over the winter.

Nautifish, I can understand some people liking spiders, but venomous ones

really scare me. Venomous anything scares me.

They're native Wayne, I killed 5 last year... 4 at work and 1 here at the house, but this is the earliest I've ever gotten a confirmed "kill". I may have a banner year this year. One of my carpenters got bitten by one on the job 4 years ago and we had to take him to the hospital. The Doctor told him that the Black Widow antivenom only works one time. Still made him sick as a dog.

Sheesh where do you live?