Non fishing posts - time for a poll (again... ;)

Puckhead

Non Fishing Threads...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To split or not to split

• We need two general sections: one for fishing, one for non fishing
    • It's fine the way it is

It may not be all fishing all the time, but I challange you to find a group of people willing to dish out some much help on a consistant basis....

All you have to do is look at the advice given about muskie opener tactics a few threads down to back that up...

TJ, is correct... Sounds odd saying that... (note to self mark this day on the calendar) This site is WAY more organized now then it has every been! on the previous versions of OFC boards it was a free for all. Everypost was in one area... with exception of a couple of special events..

But there it was..

That is what makes this board and our community unique and it works.. you get to know the people behind the posts, if it were just fishing posts you would not have the same feel as you do now, many of us have developed friendships because of the format used and the vision of it's creator..

Don't you dare change a thing! I would take OFC over a "real fishing forum" any day of the week.

G

maybe there should be a poll to see if there should be a poll to see if the polls should have it's own section?

Yes... that would deserve its own section....

"Hey everybody, welcome to Lakair! Everybody that wants to party and talk about fishing can stand in this area off to my right and everybody that wants to party and talk about non-fishing can stand in this area off to my left.....hey guys, Guys... GUYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

SPLASH!!

what the??? :wallbash:

First off this is a poll asked by minnows or new members to the board

second this is a question for long days between soft and hard water

Third ITS FINE HOW SHE IS NOW GO LISTEN TO OUR SONG AGAIN :P

:lol: , good one, and this is coming from a pretty new guy :whistling: , I am sure with members who have thousands of posts and how long this board has been around, and hit stats,the amount of lurkers checking in compaired to members on the board..who ever set this up did a great job :clapping:

you can't have a forum board of any sort with this many members from all over the place and different walks of life..ages, ect without there being some disputes here and there...pretty easy to get into it with someone ya don't even know, letalone will maybe never ever meet in the first place. heck ya can't even go through life without getting into it with the people you do know and love be it a family memeber, best freind..whatever once in a while for that matter.

Keep up the good work guys, it's easy enough to sift back through the info that may interest anyone, or someone might have somehting to share or contribute too :Gonefishing:

"Hey everybody, welcome to Lakair! Everybody that wants to party and talk about fishing can stand in this area off to my right and everybody that wants to party and talk about non-fishing can stand in this area off to my left.....hey guys, Guys... GUYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

SPLASH!!

Now that's funny.

No worries Stoty, I was trying to be humorous. I had to get back to work, it was a drive-by posting, and was not able to see the fall-out.

... and Dog I'll be looking for you at Lakair... kidding. Although the small fish comment does sting a little. There is room in my canoe for you... you know how to swim right???

Edited by kickingfrog

To the originator of this thread. You've been here since the beginning of our re-vamped board. Ok, two days late but you were here all the same.

I'm puzzled as to why you'd ask for this poll. You've been through 3 of the same polls (voted on one of them) since you've been here and the results have always been the same. People want it to stay as it is.

Since you've been here, (a year and a half on the new board) you've started 7 topics, three of which were today. Of those seven topics, three of them were gambling type topics as in NHL/NFL pools. One was to ask for advice on the Ottawa..an OOD topic today (thank you) and hey! ONE fishing report!

What is it that you don't understand about non fishing topics? You could probably just be trying to get a rise out of the membres here..I don't know.

We've been at this for 10 years now and we have one of the strongest net/life communities in the world right now.

Tell me what you're thinking........

Thanks

To the originator of this thread. You've been here since the beginning of our re-vamped board. Ok, two days late but you were here all the same.

I'm puzzled as to why you'd ask for this poll. You've been through 3 of the same polls (voted on one of them) since you've been here and the results have always been the same. People want it to stay as it is.

Since you've been here, (a year and a half on the new board) you've started 7 topics, three of which were today. Of those seven topics, three of them were gambling type topics as in NHL/NFL pools. One was to ask for advice on the Ottawa..an OOD topic today (thank you) and hey! ONE fishing report!

What is it that you don't understand about non fishing topics? You could probably just be trying to get a rise out of the membres here..I don't know.

We've been at this for 10 years now and we have one of the strongest net/life communities in the world right now.

Thanks

You're a very big part of why we have grown so much here Roy. I hope that the original poster replies to your post. I'd like to know what he's thinking as well.

Thanks

The board as is, will continue to grow. Controversy breeds reader interest, it also breeds other things. This thread is a case in point. Where I work we don't make decisions by voting. In politics decisions are not always made by voting. Sometimes decisions are made because they are simply the right decisions. I see a growing antagonism here on the board where some contributors are posting to get a rise out of others or pushing their political viewpoints. That is great for total hits statistics, if that is the goal then full steam ahead. If the goal is to build a strong lasting community where everyone feels welcome, the overall tone of the board needs fine tuning. You can do that by creating a NF forum, or you can do it other ways, or you can leave it as is. To do nothing is a choice.

If the goal is to build a strong lasting community where everyone feels welcome, the overall tone of the board needs fine tuning. You can do that by creating a NF forum, or you can do it other ways, or you can leave it as is. To do nothing is a choice.

Thanks for your input. We are growing daily as is. Something must be right here. I think that the census says that we do nothing. It's been working great for a long time now. It's the people that make this place what it is. Not rules. "To do nothing" seems to work quite well here.

To maybe repeat, rephrase and/or agree with what many here have said I will say it again!

What draws us all to OFC is that this place, with all its pieces is a community...

For those that do not understand that word the definition has been included.

com•mu•ni•ty 1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.

2. a locality inhabited by such a group.

3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists included...

What makes us distinct is that we are not ALL ABOUT FISHING... what transpires on each and every one of our monitors on a daily basis is living... We share not only the technical aspects of fishing, what we have caught, and where we have caught it but the intricacies of our everyday lives. From praying for someone’s mother, to clapping when another member’s daughter puts on a play in her parents boat... All of these moments, are put here because of what holds the seams of this community together - Genuine Care

Listen to Cliffs Song... I think it says it all...

Why change something that is working, growing and flourishing??

It's really just a waste of a vote.

But then you have again reminded me why I come here... so thank you very much for that!

Cheers,

Jen

Now that's funny.

No worries Stoty, I was trying to be humorous. I had to get back to work, it was a drive-by posting, and was not able to see the fall-out.

... and Dog I'll be looking for you at Lakair... kidding. Although the small fish comment does sting a little. There is room in my canoe for you... you know how to swim right???

Ha! Made you look, made you look!!! :w00t:

I think I just decided to bring my own PFD to Lakair! ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVFz2vfIaE&hl=en"></param><embed'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVFz2vfIaE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbVFz2vfIaE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>