Terry Fox Van restored

misfish

The term hero gets thrown around pretty loosely these days and it's given to everybody from hockey players to movie actors for some strange reason, but to me there's nobody who deserves the classifcation more than Terry Fox......he stands for what the word REALLY means.

When he came thru Toronto so many years ago we all went to see him as he ran by only a couple blocks from my home and when he died I remember it like it was this morning. A group of us were standing on the front lawn of my trailer shooting the breeze and it came over the radio and you could practically hear a pin drop as everybody just kinda stood in silence.

Canada and all Canadians lost someone VERY special when Terry Fox died.

Edited by lew

The term hero gets thrown around pretty loosely these days and it's given to everybody from hockey players to movie actors for some strange reason, but to me there's nobody who deserves the classifcation more than Terry Fox......he stands for what the word REALLY means.

Canada and all Canadians lost someone VERY special when Terry Fox died.

....Those are two sentiments I could not possibly agree more with!

Very vivid memory - being from Thunder Bay we were planning to go wait for him to come by when we got the news that he'd stoppped just before the city. We all hoped it was just a temporary pause but we all know now it wasn't

Very vivid memory - being from Thunder Bay we were planning to go wait for him to come by when we got the news that he'd stoppped just before the city. We all hoped it was just a temporary pause but we all know now it wasn't

Terribly sad that he stopped his journey near our home town. But luckily for us that we have this incredible monument to honor his legacy here now.

tfox1.jpg