Cataract Operation Thursday

pikehunter

With my eyesight getting worse and worse I fianally booked my surgery. Tomorrow at 3. I'm just crossing my fingers the surgeon's fear of double vision after the operation doesn't happen. With such poor eyes he warned me of this possibility, that is why I have put the surgery off for a year now.

Night driving has become more troublesome and I can't read addresses on customers homes anymore, not it was very easy to read many of them before. It has just become almost imposible lately. And reading almost anything is a real chore anymore. After tomorrow maybe all will be easier.

I was warned about 2 years ago that I would develope a cataract on my left eye after I had emergency retina surgery for 3 tears and a hemorage, so the time has come.

See ya all later. B)

Hi Pikehunter. Had one done 3 years ago from an old sport injury. went easy as pie( never ever made a pie but... :rolleyes: ) Nothing to it..15 minutes and all done.. u wont believe the difference...Its a little sore the first day but you will get better. Had mine done in Ottawa-Dr Myles-nice guy-I think hes a fisherman. Hope it all goes as well as my experience for you ...Take care

I wore fairly thick glasses for most of my life and several years ago, I started going blind with fast developing cataracts. When the doc asked me if I wanted to think about the surgery for a while, I said "Get 'er done!" I figured I was going blind anyway so a few months sooner if he messed up made not much difference to me. I haven't worn glasses since, I guess he hit my prescription pretty close with the implants. I realise not everyone is as lucky as me but there is hope always. Technology is a wondrous thing.

I've had laser retinal surgery since as well and milady is currently undergoing a series of retinal laser treatments too. Those guys are getting good at that stuff. Look on the bright side.

Edited by Bob

Thank you everyone for your suport and confidence. I'm just waiting the clock out now. Technology has made this, as well as other procedures a simple matter. And hopefully I will at least maybe able to see the dock after it's all done! :Gonefishing:

Everyone I know has also had success, except for my father, but his situation is different then most people.

Polarized lense! Wish I had thought of that! :thumbsup_anim: