Natures Finest

Fisherman

Ya, no problem but, so far I would honestly have to say that hardwood forests are slightly better than coniferous. Some swear that pine woods are better, some the other. My best so far is around maple with rotting wood/leaves etc on the ground with good shade. Ditches in some areas close to apple orchards can be good too. These mushrooms, "morrels" are about as easily to identify as coil of dog poop on your lawn, no mistaking them. Check the link for some others such as giant puffballs and shaggy manes. Here: http://www.mdc.mo.gov/nathis/mushrooms/mushroom/edible.htm

Thats some nice looking yellow morels.

Usually i'll find morels in last week of April or first week of May,

i think they are a couple weeks behind even here, i'll go take a look outside Toronto

might still be some with this cool wet weather.

That's good food and 'organic' as well.

ehg

Thank you very much for that link Fisherman, really helpful!

If you ever get some fresh puff balls in the fall, try dehydrating them. Just cut them into slices about 1/2" thick and put them in your dehydrator for about 1-2 days. They will keep for years and make a wonderful addition to sauces, soups, and stews.

Thanks for the post Fisherman, very interesting. our woods here are packed with mushrooms and fungus of all sorts, your link has shown me that quite a few are edible, i will be careful, sooooo if ya see no more posts from me you'll know what happened :D

Thanks for the post Fisherman, very interesting. our woods here are packed with mushrooms and fungus of all sorts, your link has shown me that quite a few are edible, i will be careful, sooooo if ya see no more posts from me you'll know what happened :D

Or if your posts are nothing but hysterical laughter we'll give you a couple days. lol.

Awsome link Fisherman, Thanks.

My family used to take long excursions looking for mushrooms and a great many Polish recipies include wild mushrooms. Something I've been interested in getting back into.