PB, Big lake Erie Carp

nautifish

Well as it was too late to get the boat out this evening myself and sinns decided to go and try for some cats and carp. Getting kinda bored catching perch. I wanted to fish a local spot where i always catch fish but sinns did not want too as he never catches a fish there....lol

So we decided to head down to the Pier here in Dover,

Pretty quiet actually not many people fishing.

We arrived at the Pier around 7.30 pm. I baited my line up with some fresh corn we had just brought at GT......

Not long had my line in the water when i had a fish on , Big one too but i lost it. I baited up again got another hit but missed it......So i yet again bait up my line was in maybe all of ten minutes when BAM! Huge hit and my line just starts screaming off my spool.

I was determined not too lose this fish i lost a beauty carp two weekends ago got him to the wall but because we had no landing net we were unable to lift him out the water so i was pretty peeved to say the least.

Tonight i landed my PB lake Erie Carp and lemme tell you i am just pumped. I love to fish for Carp especially the big Erie carp they put up one hell of a fight.

Here is my PB CARP TO DATE.

I have my 1st fishing video of 2008 coming also. Just got to get it downloaded.

Sinns caught nothing of course..... ...lol

PBCARP1.jpg

pbcarp2.jpg

No Victor i wish.

You Will probably get a better idea when i get the video posted. I allways think pictures can be somewhat decieving. :whistling:;)

It was a brute though. :thumbsup_anim:

Used to fish mostley carp back in the UK....Carp fishing is huge over There.

Eewww. Beauty... and the beast. I hooked into one fishing for trout the other day. Their brutes, and they fight like tanks, but have fishy attributes only a mother could love.. But I can honestly say that's the nicest looking carp I've ever seen! Lookit the colours people! :D

Congrats!

HD

ps The fish is the beast.. :)

Way to go Tracy, that's fantastic. What a beauty carp it is, as far as carp's go :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats sister.

Joey

Thanx Hun.

A beauty for sure. The video is kinda funny nothing worse than having two guys next to ya telling ya how to fish.. :huh: ...lol...As you will see on the video. Sinns was lucky he never ended up in the water. :whistling::whistling: ...lol

Eewww. Beauty... and the beast. I hooked into one fishing for trout the other day. Their brutes, and they fight like tanks, but have fishy attributes only a mother could love.. But I can honestly say that's the nicest looking carp I've ever seen! Lookit the colours people! :D

Congrats!

HD

ps The fish is the beast.. :)

LOL @ you HD. Yup Carp sure put on one heck of a good fight. I spent like twenty minutes trying to get this fish to the wall....Every time i got hime close he went deep and started to run again.

& Thankyou. Planning on getting out tommorow evening also......

If anyone fancys a drive down to dover over the long weekend to hook up for some Carp fishing lemme know. We have some really good carp fishing here in dover. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by nautifish

WOW! That one's gotta be in the 20+ range! But . . . . do you know the drill when ya get your first one over 40? YA GOTTA FRENCH KISS 'IM, EH?

LOL Photoz I allways kiss my fish i catch except pike and cats......lol :D As you will see on the video. ;)

Thanx to everyone else. & Yes rich photo's can be very deceiving. :canadian:

Edited by nautifish

Way to go Tracy, that's fantastic. What a beauty carp it is, as far as carp's go :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats sister.

Joey

Hey! I know I'm not the prettiest Carp around, but you don't have to rub it in. :lol:

WOW! That one's gotta be in the 20+ range! But . . . . do you know the drill when ya get your first one over 40? YA GOTTA FRENCH KISS 'IM, EH?

LOL Photoz I allways kiss my fish i catch except pike and cats......lol :D As you will see on the video. ;)

Thanx to everyone else. & Yes rich photo's can be very deceiving. :canadian:

I'm well over 40 pounds. Do I get to play tonsil hockey too? ;)

Tracy french kissing a real carp? Now there's a video I'd like to see. :w00t:

Congrats on the pb.

Hey! I know I'm not the prettiest Carp around, but you don't have to rub it in. :lol:

I'm well over 40 pounds. Do I get to play tonsil hockey too? ;)

Tracy french kissing a real carp? Now there's a video I'd like to see. :w00t:

Congrats on the pb.

Carp you can play tonsil hockey with your own carp...... ;) lol & thanx so much hun.

Fireball Thankyou also. ;)

Edited by nautifish

Nice fish Nauti, good job! They'll be moving into the bay out here soon, time to dust off the carp rods B)

Cheers, Shaun

Hey there Shaun how the heck are ya hun?

Yup they are moving in here getting ready to spawn. Have a couple of spots here in dover where they are in just thick in June. One spot you can wade and they are swimming all around you. Its really cool actually. :D

And thanx so much hun. ;)

Have you tried bread there? They get so used to picking up scraps from people feeding the ducks I've almost hand fed 20lb. carp there in July!

I'll be making a Six Nations butt run on Friday afternoon........hmmm think I'll swing by Dover for a few hours. Anybody catching cats off the pier?

Are the fish & chip places open? Mmmmmm perch burgers :drool: