OFN logo

Ok......hows'bout this........

OFC's very own.........thongs........

Of course each participant in the board tourney would have to verify they were wearing theirs in all their pics posted in order to make the catch "official"!!!

I'm thinking of something simple embroidered on the front like.........

Ontario Fishing. Net

"Home of the Canadian Wiggler"

What do you guys think ?? :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone nifty with all this computer stuff can fire up a sample.

If we act quick, maybe TJ can model it for the OFC'ers at this years Lake Air trip ??

Meely :rolleyes:

Ok......hows'bout this........

OFC's very own.........thongs........

Of course each participant in the board tourney would have to verify they were wearing theirs in all their pics posted in order to make the catch "official"!!!

I'm thinking of something simple embroidered on the front like.........

Ontario Fishing. Net

"Home of the Canadian Wiggler"

What do you guys think ?? :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone nifty with all this computer stuff can fire up a sample.

If we act quick, maybe TJ can model it for the OFC'ers at this years Lake Air trip ??

Meely :rolleyes:

Great.. Now I have pepsi all over my monitor

Wellllllllll....chickenhawk...

I kinda like the stuff the way it is right now.

It doesnt smack ya in the face like it belongs on the FLW tour nor in NASCAR.

Dont get me wrong...I love both the above mentioned but,

I think the OFC merch., is sorta laid back and a great representation of the true outdoorsman in the colours that are already there..(we all got our likes/dislikes)

Ive personally got quite a bit of OFC merch., and I like it....

The bright yellow jacket with the logo and your board name kinda scared me at first(very bright),

but Ive grown to be proud to have one and will wear it whenever on the boat when it calls for it.

Personally..I think we'd be much like everyone else ifn we made it too splashy and we'd end up losing the laid back but serious look.

Nothing impressed me more then seeing ...'DipLips'..yellar jacket one year at Lakair..seen him and Raf come up from the water after a serius days fishing...

...worn in...slimed and bloodied with countless hook removal holes.........Serious stuff.

Dont change a thing TJ.

well maybe we can keep the current logo....and add something to it? man its just a suggestion.....i knew it would bother some of the guys who have been here alot longer....but as i can remember i was part of the old site.....then lost interest for a while...then signed back up on the new site....it is still the same logo.....im jus saying maybe we can jus make some really cool gear.....we don't have to change the logo to make something look cool....just spice it up a bit....

I see your perspective hawk, but i have to lean the other way. i havnt been a member on here for too long, but i respect what they have and believe it TJ wants to change it he will. Ultimately its his decision as "WE" dont pay for anything (umm unless you buy something haha)

I like the logo....simple yet shows what it needs to and promotes.

Good on ya TJ!

Hawk draft something up and post it, i know you said you are not that good on ps but give it a shot. its very simple actually.....even if it never makes way, you still put forth the effort and learned something along the way.

Atta boy,Hawk! I agree!!

Yes it's very expensive to change it all. Thanx TJ, for this great place to play!

Well which is it Danbo? Seems to me your a little confused unless you're posting random pictures.

Hey... I can appreciate the yearning for a new logo.. and its ok to want one, no hard feelings here... this is the way Ill explain things..

My OFC apparel is sold pretty much at my cost, as a promotional vehicle for MY website(s) the ones I make my living from. Apparel is a pain i the ass, you have to get it done, you have to inventory it and you have to pay for it all, in all sizes, in the hopes that the users buy it. I've done stuff like this twice before, where it took me a long time to get inventory. Its difficult to get someone to embroider one piece at a time...

I still have boat flags here that should have all been sold two years ago.... and I did a bunch of apparel for women that took a long time to sell. and once again, theres no real money in apparel. it doesn't fly out the door and its at my cost.

When we went to this new board format we decided that since I already inventory, I had an embroiderer, and a logo that was branded and recognizable that we would keep my stuff for the apparel. This may change in the future however, but for now this is the way it is...

Hey... I can appreciate the yearning for a new logo.. and its ok to want one, no hard feelings here... this is the way Ill explain things..

My OFC apparel is sold pretty much at my cost, as a promotional vehicle for MY website(s) the ones I make my living from. Apparel is a pain i the ass, you have to get it done, you have to inventory it and you have to pay for it all, in all sizes, in the hopes that the users buy it. I've done stuff like this twice before, where it took me a long time to get inventory. Its difficult to get someone to embroider one piece at a time...

I still have boat flags here that should have all been sold two years ago.... and I did a bunch of apparel for women that took a long time to sell. and once again, theres no real money in apparel. it doesn't fly out the door and its at my cost.

When we went to this new board format we decided that since I already inventory, I had an embroiderer, and a logo that was branded and recognizable that we would keep my stuff for the apparel. This may change in the future however, but for now this is the way it is...

So is this a yes or a no to a Hooters Girl wearing an OFC t-shirt?

Great points TJ.

I agree that nothing needs to be done with the logo. Like it was said, its your trademark and people recognize it.

Reminds me of that old saying "Dont fix something that isnt broken".

I'm in advertising and it's all about building a 'brand' that people will recognize and this takes time eventally a logo will be your signature changing it only confuses the issue.

Here are logos that have stood the test of time.

Rolls Royce 1904

Greyhound 1926

Levi Strauss 1880s

CN 1960

Ford 1903

Esso 1920

Mercedes Benz 1909

Coke -Cola 1887

Shell 1904 1961 1999

and the number one logo

The Michelin Man 1898

OFC

Please don't change the logo.. I would hate to start buying it all over again :)

The OFC store is great, not sure who is the main driving force behind shipping but its fast and always packed nicely ;)

That would be Monique...TJ really has no idea what's going on.....LOL :whistling:

It IS recognizable. Ask anyone in the fishing industry.

I never said anything about it not being recognizable....in fact I am proud to be a member and would show it off if it was new or old....I was just suggesting maybe some cool things to add to it....maybe for some t-shirts or hoodies or something....but as TJ stated it seems to be expensive and a pain in the arse for him....so I will just leave it at that.....TJ would it be a problem if I got my own shirt made?

I never said anything about it not being recognizable....in fact I am proud to be a member and would show it off if it was new or old....I was just suggesting maybe some cool things to add to it....maybe for some t-shirts or hoodies or something....but as TJ stated it seems to be expensive and a pain in the arse for him....so I will just leave it at that.....TJ would it be a problem if I got my own shirt made?

TJ... get out the lancets.. we have another one wanting to sign in blood on the dotted line... :)