GBAY PIKE OPENER REPORT

Hey guys, Spent thursday and friday this week up on Gbay with my girlfriend chasing some pike. We arrived on the lake at 11am on thursday and the weather was great but the winds were out of the east. Started hooking into them right away tho. We fished till 30clock and then headed over to check in at the lodge. I managed 6 or 7 pike and and a few OOS smallies and largies.

Heres a few pics from the first day

IMG_9297.jpg

A nice chunky 32''

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9309.jpg

The next morning was pretty rough. Cold ,windy and raining...Fishing was tough . Talked to two or three other boats and everyone was getting skunked. I still managed to land 6 pike that day but had to work for them. The key was going slow with long pauses. No pics of fish that day because the wather was way to rough for my GF ( camerawomen/netgirl) on the boat.

After we checked out from the lodge the next morning we thought we would go out on the boat as it wasnt raining. The first 45 min was nice and calm with no rain and then it got ugly but the fish were on ....In an hour and a half I managed to land 8 pike and loose 2 more and even got one nice aproximate 12lber.

heres a few fish.

IMG_9424.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

the biggin of the weekend....was only 34'' but was atleast 12lbs....never seen such a fat pike....big shoulders too

IMG_9457.jpg

It was great Pike opener . Lots of fish lots of laughs and even my GF hooked a nice bass...lol....yes I was proud. Have seen the action a bit betteron opener but thats only with sunny skies and winds from the west. With the cold rainy front I was shocked we did so well. All fish were caught on stickbaits. The tally for two days for me was was 20 pike all between 28'' and 34'' and 5 or 6 OOS bass. Can only Imagine how good it would be if the conditions were optimal...

Thanks for reading and goodluck on the water

You are making us drool!

Give us your secret on how you found or tamed your women into this fishing sport.

Before I married my wife, she was fishing with me all the time, and caught lots of bass(bass was abundant years ago without even knowing how to catch them), and the last time she grabbed a rod was 15 years ago. Can't complain though, for my wife is supportive of me going fishing with my buddies.

How's your school exam?

When are we going to hook up? I am still waiting for the water to warms up a bit before taking the boat out, but it is ready to go anytime.

josh

thanks guys .....

hey joshua , I know Im a lucky guy that my gf puts up with my fishing addiction....she likes it batter when she can tan on the boat tho...lol.....Im looking to head out to wabashine for some walleye today but have no one to go with ...you free...let me know soon as its getting late

Ya Rob..start workin 9 to 5 tomorrow morning....Have you been out for kings man? Tried to call you to see how you did on the tourny......I want to fish hard this saturday....call me if you want to hit the water...was thinking gbay, Quinte or port D.....

Edited by snagmasteral

Nice fish! I was busy with wedding fittings all dang weekend and house work, so I didn't even make it out on the water. This weekend I'll be out on Gbay after a few of those toothy critters.