G-bay Trib Canoe Trip produces !!

Rustic-Fisher

Loaded up the truck and headed North to meet a buddie for a canoe trip down a G-bay trib,.

Parked one truck on the side of the road at our planned take out and headed another 25 km upstream to launch.

Once all the gear was onboard we were ready to tackle 25km of prime water.

Not even 200 yrds down stream and we are into a great pool that holds a lot of drop backs. A few fish and its time to continue down stream.

Next bend in the river, yet another great hole to pull fish out of.... and this continued for the next 5 km until we finally had to keep paddling by great looking spots if we were to be at the takeout at dark and not next week LOL...

Fished tons of wood jams and deep holes, In one of the pools we were elevated on the bank about 6' giving us a birds eye view of steelhead racing each other to score our baits. Had never seen such a thing in 20 yrs on the river. These drop backs were hungry!!!! and on the feed.

Water was gin clear enabling us to literally see the fish move out from their cover(wood, rocks ect..) and smash the offered bait.

Not for anyone with a heart condition LOL...

Even managed a few on my new 7' ultralight that I was dying to break in, what a blast. Thank god for the Stradics drag system :clapping:

Still a few weeks left hopefully and than its on to the back lakes for the brookies :thumbsup_anim:

All in all a super float down the river with lots of fish, and great weather.

Tight lines ,

RF

I am anxiously waiting my first "canoe" fishing trip this summer to Algonquin!

I have heard of people 'lining' canoes in shallow rapids. How big of a marshmallow is required?

LOL

In all seriousness, nice report and beauty pics.

Thanks for the comments :thumbsup_anim:

floating the river really gets you into some spots that show no signs of fishing pressure making for easy pickings. I shall try and post some pics from a brookie trip next week if we catch em

Tight lines,

RF

There's nothing land owners can say or do. They're "land" owners.

Only if it's classified as "navigable", and there are alot of properties that do have the stream bed as part of the deed up those parts (a friend of the family is one of them). You can't just go wading willy nilly in every river in Ontario, which what alot of people wrongly believe.