Family Zone 17 Opener Report

ccmtcanada

Well, today marked our family opener for zone 17. We were not able to leave to begin our fishing until after 2:00pm, so we decided on trying for some fish from shore, instead of launching the boat up in the Kawarthas. The little pond we fish at is stocked with panfish every year. I was hoping that a bunch of them had survived the extended winter we had.

Anyhow, we were armed with fishing rods for everyone, worms and snacks...the recipe for a nice family fishing day. The only thing that could be better was if we got into a few fish. I took the little one around to different spots to see if we could get into some nice little fishies, and it wasn't long before she caught her first fish of the year. She has a new rod this year....graduated from the barbie rod to a little 5 footer. She cast her line out and as soon as it hit the water, a fish took hold of it. I know these are out of season, so a very quick picture and it goes back in. She was very proud of her catch...her first bass!

Picture001.jpg

She caught a few more...little sunfish like these guys here...

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Our oldest finally landed her first fish of the year!!

Picture004.jpg

Bly was employing her best new tactics to pulling out monsters from puddles. Here's a pic of her perfecting her presentation....

Picture008.jpg

Finally...not to be outdone, she lands this monster. Ounce for ounce, this fish tested her skill to the maximum levelPicture005.jpg.

Here's a pic of our oldest...practising her casting...

Picture007.jpg

My youngest and I decided to go for a little walk. There's a little trib nearby and she declared that she was the leader, so off we went. She wanted to touch the water and I took this pic....

Picture006.jpg

One final pic...

Picture009.jpg

Very nice photos there CCMT. Some of those should go in a frame, entitled, "My family outfishing me, as usual." lol.

Did I miss it? You did not catch anything?

Great for the kids to get out and enjoy the outdoors. You are an awsome parent.

Congrats to the family.

You...better luck next time, lol.

reefrunner

You may want to get your money back for that camera if you can... the color on some of those pics aint that good. wink.gif

Oooh someones getting all artistic on us this year smile.gif. Looks like a great day out with the family, thanks for report.

What??? I decide to take a little more time with pics and get this flack??? LOL.

Absolute magic!

When I see your family I want to smack mine.

Congratulations.

Ok...now that was hilarious. Things don't always go that smoothly...we usually keep the oldest and youngest apart from eachother.....hehe.

I recommend you donate the Barbie rod to Biteme he said he would love to have one.

She has decided to keep the barbie one as a back up....but you can get one for him at Canadian Tire....maybe I'll just buy him a new one..... :lol:

Hey Cliff. It looks like you and your family did some great fishing. The pictures are great and I like the different looks for the pictures. Keep up the great fishing and we hope that you have a great fishing season this year

Thanks...hope to see you out a few times this year as well! Good luck to you and your family as well.

Very nice photos there CCMT. Some of those should go in a frame, entitled, "My family outfishing me, as usual." lol.

Did I miss it? You did not catch anything?

Thanks for noticing....LOL. I caught a few fish, but to be honest, the report was about the kids...

Ok...I got outfished...happy now?? :lol:

Edited by ccmt