Brought Home my New fishing Toy Today

Mike the Pike

Well the Day finally came and it was time to pick up my 2008 New Lund 1660 Classic.

Arrived at the Dealer bright and early I chose the right position for my Seat at the tiller and the dealer proceded to bolt her down.

After that they quickly installed my rod holders on the sporttraks and I was off to the Launch with my dealers mechanic to try out the boat.

IMG_1053_1.jpg

While I was waiting for last minute details I managed to take a pic of my old boat now motorless

A Lund SSV 18 footer.I bid my final farewell and off to the launch we went.

IMG_1058_1.jpg

At the Launch well there was no Launch it was under water because the water on the Richelieu River was

5 feet higher than normal.The entire launch was under water including the cement sides.

There were some lads removing minnow traps that are left in the water all winter.

IMG_1054_1.jpg

After trying out all my new gadgets like the new Lowrance GPS Combo and I also tried my new bow mount out

which I know I am going to love .Gone will be the days where I tried to control the big tinny with a Transom mount

electric motor.Finally some boat control.

IMG_1056_1.jpg

IMG_1062_1.jpg

IMG_1064_1.jpg

IMG_1065_1.jpg

One thing I did notice the sides of this boat are much higher than my SSV.

IMG_1063_1.jpg

IMG_1066_1.jpg

I think I am in love :rolleyes:

I found this boat handles like a Cadillac so smooth.She is not that fast but I was Happy

to manage a top speed of 32mph on the GPS.Rolling along with tunes full throttle

now that was awesome listening to Hells Bells from AC DC.

I can't wait until next weekend for Trout opener .

Now I have alot of reading to do have to figure out how all this technology functions.

Hope I can sleep tonight.

MTP :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike