The good, the bad & the really ugly

lew

Like we do several times a week, me & Ole Marv headed to Ashbridges Bay (Toronto, Lake O) this morning before sunrise just cause it's such a beautiful place and a nice area to watch the world waking up.

The Good part is always the sunrise

Cnv0054.jpg

Cnv0055.jpg

Cnv0048.jpg

Guess the critters can't read :rolleyes:

Cnv0040.jpg

The bad part is the beavers that are trying to eat all the trees, this one is about 24" wide and I spose the city figured they'd better cut it down before it falls on someones head.

Cnv0039.jpg

This is only one of about a gazillion cormorants that are taking over the area

Cnv0044.jpg

And of course the UGLY !!!!!!!!

Ashbridges Bay Park is a gorgeous area that's enjoyed so many people like me, yet we've got these pigs that think it's just another spot to throw their garbage, even though there was a garbage can only 100' from this spot.

Cnv0038.jpg

Oh well, the good folks far outweigh the bad, and me & Ole Marv will be down there again tomorrow morning to catch another beautiful start to the day :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Yer right there Lew.

The good usually out does the bad in alot of cases.

That pig that tossed the garbage looked like they just cl;ened out their vehicle and not a collection of PIGS over the coarse of the day.just the same as you said.the freaking garbage can was only 100' away....I dont understand folks like this.

Other thing I dont understand is that this person that littered at this spot..if they were there taking in the beuaty too...why would they then toss their garbage........... :dunno:

It's something that I have never understood Lew. The amount of garbage at the sides of the roads and in the medians, after the "melt", is overwhelming this year.

I am in no way condoning the actions of the morons that litter, but we should take a page out of North Carolina's book and put our many inmates to work keeping our highways clean, earning a portion of their keep.

Good pic's Lew!

John we have the same deal here with the inmates from the county, at least once a month they do the street my office is on, it's a route to the county dump site and it gets cluttered pretty good from people that don't secure loads. Just this week they had a runner, this guy was serving a light time but now he's looking at hard time, escape, kidnapping, highjacked a car, eluding police and assult with a deadly weapon. After he ran from the chain gang he assalted a women and took her SUV and lead the police on a chase then tried to run over a cop. CAN YOU SAY STUPID

Good pic's Lew!

John we have the same deal here with the inmates from the county, at least once a month they do the street my office is on, it's a route to the county dump site and it gets cluttered pretty good from people that don't secure loads. Just this week they had a runner, this guy was serving a light time but now he's looking at hard time, escape, kidnapping, highjacked a car, eluding police and assult with a deadly weapon. After he ran from the chain gang he assalted a women and took her SUV and lead the police on a chase then tried to run over a cop. CAN YOU SAY STUPID

I spend a lot of time in the Carolinas and got talking to a couple of the guards that are watching the inmates pick up the trash. I asked one if they ever get a runner, he said once in a while. When I asked him what they do to control it he said "we shoot 'em". From anything that I have observed they have two guards per work crew (usually 10-12 inmates) each guard carries a shotgun as well as a sidearm.

Great pics and great sunrise, beautiful morning. It's amazing how big the trees can be that a beaver will go after.

I'm willing to bet some blackbirds probably made the mess seeing as it's so close to a garbage container.

I'm willing to bet some blackbirds probably made the mess seeing as it's so close to a garbage container.

Deano, I wish it WAS just the birds but unfortunately it's the slobs in their cars that go to these places and are just too stinkin lazy to get off their butts and walk to the garbage cans.

The part that really bugs me is that these parks are all over Toronto and folks use them to just get away from the city for awhile, a nice place to go for lunch or supper or just for a walk. These parks are huge and in alot of cases you'd think you were miles away from town, rather than being right in the middle of it all.

So they go to a park just because it's so darned nice and then just toss all their garbage out the window. If they want to eat in a filthy place, they should just stay in their own homes, cause I imagine that's what their homes look like too.

Dang, and I was in such a good mood until 5 minutes ago :thumbsup_anim:

Lew. I'm assuming that second shot is of you and Marv, it's excellent. Great pictures.

Yeah, we've seen garbage messes like that at a certain boat launch as well eh Lew.

Phil - I always found that the sides of your highways are always cleaner than ours. I've seen the inmates working on the sides of the roads. Great idea in my mind.

It's something that I have never understood Lew. The amount of garbage at the sides of the roads and in the medians, after the "melt", is overwhelming this year.

I am in no way condoning the actions of the morons that litter, but we should take a page out of North Carolina's book and put our many inmates to work keeping our highways clean, earning a portion of their keep.

I like the idea of forgetting fines for littering. Sentence the litterers to XX hours of garbage picking in the parks and roadsides. High visibility areas where their high brow friends will be likely to see them. For the lesser lights just being seen actually working will be insulting enough. And offer a bonus to the cops and bylaw enforcement folks for catching offenders.

JF

Very nice pictures Lew. Well almost all anyway.

If I think of it I will take a picture of all the junk that washes up on my shore from the season of ice fishing. YUUUKK!

Some of it is wood blocks for jacking up the shacks. That isn't so bad as I get to burn it in the wood stove. And I realize the blocks are virtually impossible to remove sometimes. It also makes it necessary to keep an eye out for them on the first boat ride or two. The worst is plastic bags, bottles and general trash drift in. Boy would I ever like to kick some ........ Some have no respect for anything!

It would be interesting to see Lord Conrad Black out picking trash off the street. :D

Edited by Bernie

Lew! Absolutely beautiful pictures of the sunrise on the bay. It's always such a wonderfully soothing site first thing in the morning.

But! Then to see the trash littered all over the parking lot is just plain sickening. They need to send more policing to these areas and hammer these people with huge fines and community trash patrol. I can't stand litter bugs...they're lucky I'm not a cop because I'd have them picking it up with their teeth.

Sorry, but this really hits a sore spot with me...finfan