Lakair 2008 FYI for those going early

irishfield

I believe Maureen has booked our cabin from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd...

She won't be coming up until Wednesday 18th so it looks like Maribeth and I will have the whole camp to ourselves for two days (including the 'skeeters)... :Gonefishing:

Wendel, the "official" thread will go up in about a month or so, but basically the g2g is the weekend of June 20-22 and there's usually quite a crowd of us there, with some coming the entire week before and others staying well into the 2nd week.

We have a pike derby followed by a fish fry on the Saturday and that's worth the price of admission by itself. Everyone donates a prize to the table and that way everybody also receives one, with incredible prizes & a trophy going to the biggest fish.

Last year a bunch of us got together on the Friday, caught a bunch of pike then headed to one of the islands for about the best shore lunch I've had in many years........see my pics at the top of this post.

Lotsa fun, lotsa laffs and more fish than you can shake the proverial stick at.

If you care to join our little group, give Kevin or Leslie a call.....1 800 381 5145 :Gonefishing:

The best way to get a reply is to phone or post to Zack asking about ice conditions. Immediate response.

Yeah, yeah......I got it after 5 days....remember we are from Southern Ontario bud.

I was talking to Kevin on the phone on Saturday and got my usual spot booked.

He says there's still ice on the lake and they'd just received another 5" of snow, but he promised to have it all shovelled out by June :thumbsup_anim:

We also talked about setting up another fish fry over on Tombstone on the 20th and he's all for it. Entry fee will be one pike and a BIG appetite :Gonefishing:

Hey Lew, I'm gonna put some pressure on you. My 5 year old son may make his first Canadian trip with my dad and I. He thinks about muskies 24/7. I'm gonna tell him you're the expert. I hope your up for it.

Only if you take us to your secret spot on the French, Marty, you & Tony always blurred your backgrounds to keep us lurkers in the dark. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

You showed me & Adam once but it was hard to keep track at Warp 7 :lol::lol:

Edited by lew