Kudos to All-Americanoutdoors.com

Albert, and no doubt you PAID for that lesson... what did you purchase and what was the price?

is being shown how to flip the bail on a Stradic worth 60.00 to you? Is being shown how to turn on your fishfinder worth 200.00? is being shown how to reset your line counter worth 40.00?

where does it end..

Albert I am a fair person.. we have talked on the phone... but I will not give my loyalty to a company, whose loyalty to me ends when I walk out the door... I also have a card to get 10% off from FW But I dont feel I should have to mention my discount to get the best price.. I just wanted a fair price... And I have dealt there for years... and got fed up..with being ripped off...

I am sorry... just the way I feel..

You still not available until after April???

G

If I did pay for the lesson it was worth it as i learned some things I had not known prior to my visit there. You may have a different opinion of the staff there than I do, however ones' experience with a client or saleperson is usually 30% their attitude 70% your attitude.

As a tradesman your experience is probably the same as mine, the clients who give you coffee, or snacks get more care put into the work done at thier home than the (&*^*(* person who demands this and that and then the next thing.

As to the extra cost of supporting a fellow independant business, yes it is worth it, as the independant guy needs you more than the large corporations. You are his/her customer base, not some faceless demographic study.

Will the corp say, "hey hop in the boat", when they see at the dock still fishing???

If you need me book now, it is heating up!

Edited by hometownhandyman

I get that same kind of service every time I order from Cabelas! S&H may be a little higher, but their customer service is second to none!

I hate the USPS and it's one of the reasons I don't order from Basspro very much, Cabelas uses UPS and I find them to be the best that's out there for me.

Edited by Greencoachdog

Just a quick note, guys....

This thread was meant to highlight what I felt was excellent pricing and service from a new online retailer (well, new to me at least.)

I didn't want this to turn into a Fishing World rant. That was certainly not my intention. Blake is a good buddy of mine and a fellow Pro Staffer. I can't comment on the store he works at, because quite frankly, I live five hours away...

Let's not turn this into a thread that needs to be locked down.

Gerritt - we know your strong feeling towards FW. Let's try not to get into that all again - at least not on a thread that has nothing to do with that retailer in the first place..

If people want to check out this new store - good for them. If they choose to shop at their locals, again, their right and I say go for it.

Good Fishing,

Justin

Thank you Justin and Gerritt stop going off :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: This was not any issues with you whatsoever but again you have to put negative comments about Fishing World about 2 different issues. You are welcome for the service and the lesson handyman and hope to see you again. One thing though if Gerritt books you be careful or he could go off on you to for an overpriced nail or staple LOL See you again for some new line LOL. No hard feelings Gerrit but lighten up alittle and I appreciate the compliment you gave me and I strive to give the best service, during and after the sale and the best value I can.

One thing though if Gerritt books you be careful or he could go off on you to for an overpriced nail or staple LOL

Blake... Of course I will.... I am dutch! LOL

Luckily I supply all the materials needed for the guys though, so I can pinch the pennies! I also have negotiated pricing through our suppliers :)

I was talking about the possibility of employing Albert, not contracting him to do my personal work lol... things are going to blow up here soon...

G

PS. It was a compliment.. I am not sure if you control the pricing... but yet your the one on the front lines... I respect that. Your an asset to FW.

Edited by Gerritt

Albert, and no doubt you PAID for that lesson... what did you purchase and what was the price?

is being shown how to flip the bail on a Stradic worth 60.00 to you? Is being shown how to turn on your fishfinder worth 200.00? is being shown how to reset your line counter worth 40.00?

where does it end..

Albert I am a fair person.. we have talked on the phone... but I will not give my loyalty to a company, whose loyalty to me ends when I walk out the door... I also have a card to get 10% off from FW But I dont feel I should have to mention my discount to get the best price.. I just wanted a fair price... And I have dealt there for years... and got fed up..with being ripped off...

I am sorry... just the way I feel..

You still not available until after April???

G

package_wcaps_butn-1.gif

Take 2 and call me in the morning.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will definitely turn to all-americanoutdoors.com and cabelas next time I think about a purchase. Justin those sound like pretty good deals and I'm with you about buying from the cheapest supplier. Gerritt, I feel your pain with some retailers. At the sportsman show, I wasn't looking for any big purchase, just lures here and there. And having my trusty LeBaron catalogue with me, I found none of the retailers there, including FW, had better prices at the show than I could have got at LeBaron outside of the show on average. Mind you, I only looked at the lures that I was interested in, but they were the more common ones like Rapalas.

Edited by fishinggeek

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

For what it is worth I sent a note to All americanoutdoors and told them that the have pleased someone enough to get mentioned on a thread and sent them a link to it. This is their reply:

Thank you for the posts. We appreciate the patronage and value your support. I noticed a gentleman posted a remark about a rebate. You get a rebate with all ours as well. We are an authorized PT Pro Shop for quantum. You just have to send in the receipt and rebate form. Savings are great. Thank you very much for you post. It is much appreciated. Let us know the next time you ordered in the comments box (of our site) and we will include a special little item i think you will like.

Dave

I think that this reply in it's self is a class action and it inspires me to continue purchasing products from this company. I would also ask that this thread stop getting twisted around into a this store is better than that store type of post. This was simply someone trying to tell fellow fisherman that they found a great company to deal with so either say thank you for the information or give an example were this company has done you wrong. Their seems to be overwhelming support for this company from the people that have actually dealt with them so I dont understand why we have dragged other merchants names into thread.

Art

It was not dragged into this thread by anyone other then the merchant in question. I am glad that Justin had a great experience based upon my recommendation! As well as TBayBoy... hopefully others follow...

But to point a finger at anyone other the the merchant here is wrong...

Justin pointed out he had great service from Company X, Company Y came along stating they could have done better... When I know they are more $$ .. Not to mention Company Y is not even in the same geographic location as Justin... Did I get a bit carried away bringing up past experiances? Yes I did.

But Company Y I feel felt the need to promote themselves on a thread that offered NO mention of them unsolicited.... while we extolled the virtues of Company X

Plain and simple.

Glad you got a bit of follow up Art! They are a great company to do business with, and I will use them in the future based upon my previous experiances with their service.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Ya... I emailed them last nite to alert them to the thread, and they jumped on board.... they are also working on a SWEET prize for a conetst for us as well.

Interesting place. Wild to see they sell the Bass Pro Pete Maina Musky reels for $85 ! $14.99 less than BPS usa themselves and also have the rest of the BPS line up in baitcasters !

Don't buy your Cannon downriggers there though... :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

Ironstone - the rebate has nothing to do with any of the retailers - it is put out by the manufacturer's. I've provided the link for the Quantum form. Depending on which style of PT reel you purchase, rebates range between $15 and $50. Just have to send the form in, dated receipt and UPC codes. That simple...

http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/fr...lcoupon2008.pdf

Good Fishing,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman