Earth Hour

Gerritt

If I had a cow I'd put a cork in her butt for the hour so she'll help save our planet by not passing gas during those 60 minutes.

You may want to consider wearing a hardhat, full faceshield, and chest protector when you go to remove that thing Connie... if you ever get a cow.

Definitely NO, just opposite. I will turn on all the lights I have, washer, drier, dishwasher, coffemaker, AC, anything what can be pluged in, I even going to turn on lights in my cars on driveway. All this just to try compensate for all who will partycipate.The reason beeing is that OPG will have "huge loses of revenue", enough to justify raise in "debt retirement charge" (see your hydro bill), by another $ 5.00/month for next 70 years. Yeah, I feel bad and I'm sorry, but I cannot do it

Guest lundboy
Definitely NO, just opposite. I will turn on all the lights I have, washer, drier, dishwasher, coffemaker, AC, anything what can be pluged in, I even going to turn on lights in my cars on driveway. All this just to try compensate for all who will partycipate.The reason beeing is that OPG will have "huge loses of revenue", enough to justify raise in "debt retirement charge" (see your hydro bill), by another $ 5.00/month for next 70 years. Yeah, I feel bad and I'm sorry, but I cannot do it

Yes you are absolutely right! And what about the huge powerspike world wide when

everyone flips their lights back on all at once.... I can see it now... black out due to huge power spike, blown transformers... Yep this voluntary compliance test was well thought out.

Edited by lundboy

Compliance test? Dude, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy (see my recent posts regarding Toronto Pike) but I think you might be reading just a little too much into this....

My household will participate.

Edited by Weeds

Guest lundboy
Compliance test? Dude, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy (see my recent posts regarding Toronto Pike) but I think you might be reading just a little too much into this....

Nope, you're not reading enough. All of what I have said in this thread is 100% documented, and vetted. Conspiracy yes. Conspiracy theory no.

Look into what I've already posted, (I mean really do some study).

I will participate,I HATE light polution.When I first moved out to the country you could see a million stars.Now that the yuppies have moved out here and put up their million dollar houses the stars are gone.I dont understand why someone would spotlight thier house at night.I will be outside looking at the stars tonight.

Joe

ITs kind of funny how I was watchung some vids on WMSN and they were talking about who would be the candidate for the Dem. party this election and Al Gores name came up and the only response the panel of experts had was that no way Al Gore would because he is now making Millions of Dollars with his Global warming tours.

I dont know about all of you but I am not sure why I freeze my azz off at the end of march and this guy gets richer every day tellin people were all going to melt.

So for all those that bought into his domesday theory(unprovin) and just disregaurded the facts of global warming and cooling as natural occurances (provin facts) than turn off the lights and let another group know that they have your support.

WHERE AND HOW IS ALL THIS ENERGY THEY ARE GOING TO SAVE GOING TO BE STORED

Anyone know what a brown out is? If they get what they want tonight your going to have the perfect Brown out conditions at 8.01

OK....watch the hockey game, but, if you want to VOTE for caring about the earth turn everything else off.

Someone somewhere ( I am guessing) is going to try measure how many people care about environmental stuff AND politicians will look at it.

If anyone who posted and treated this thing as a joke later complains about not being able to eat the fish they catch......well you missed your opportunity at a voting possibility to prevent those things.

Soooooooo, if you want cleaner lakes, drinking water and air. Turn stuff off!:

Kill external lights (for the pretty picture someone will take)

IF a TV is not being used unplug it (plugged in TVs use up a bit of E).

Turn off your computer (if you are using it they can still see Internet activity), do you really need it on all the time?

Stop squawking about WWF and other agendas and be a team player for an hour. Cliche time: "together we stand divided we fall"

forrest

And if your not buying into any of it Leave your lights on and live your life how you want to and let the fear mongers sit in the dark and wonder what that smell is.

Cus I really dont get how sittin in the dark for an hour changes the way goverment is run or cleans up a cup of water, but hey you got to believe in something, some just choose to believe in things that we can hear,see, smell and touch, but what the hell lets believe its gonna make a difference, am sure theres a few more Al gores out there that need our support and our money

And if your not buying into any of it Leave your lights on and live your life how you want to and let the fear mongers sit in the dark and wonder what that smell is.

Cus I really dont get how sittin in the dark for an hour changes the way goverment is run or cleans up a cup of water, but hey you got to believe in something, some just choose to believe in things that we can hear,see, smell and touch, but what the hell lets believe its gonna make a difference, am sure theres a few more Al gores out there that need our support and our money

Some things that are similar to "earth hour" ( turning off your lights for the hour):

-Protests

-elections polls

-ad campaigns that ask for change

-petitions

forrest

Edited by forrest

Better get my post in before the grid crashes...

.. No we won't be shutting off the 15 servers upstairs.. nor the ones in town or in Houston Tx.

The three lights we have on...on any night in this house.. will continue to burn. I think I noticed one of the two flood lights for the yard burned out... I'll leave that 'till tomorrow to replace as my input.

DANG... just went to the fridge and the lights burnt out.. so we're good !

Edited by irishfield

Got 5 comps, a PS3, a 650 watt stereo and my lights going, no earth hour here. For those who want to save and help, grab a garbage bag and go to the nearest deadend street or trail, fill the bag with the litter you'll find and that'll go a lot longer way to helping our environment.