Longest Skunk Streak

tdotfisherman

This thread was inspired by reading another thread, and the angler who’s obviously a little distraught about not being able to catch any Northern Pike in the GTA, lol!

Anyway, I figured this would be a fun little thread to generate some interesting discussion… How long is your longest skunked streak? When did it take place? And why did you figure it took place?

Personally, I’d say my longest skunked streak has probably been 5 fishing outings, and about 25-30 hours straight of not catching any fish. It happened when fishing around the shores of Toronto, and took place this past November…

Alright, enough about me… lets bring on the comments!

I think Wayne has this title locked up.... "there are no fish in Simcoe"

Myself... I have been out for a week... caught 4 fish... trip cost me 1000.00.... those were EXPENSIVE fish!

G

Edited by Gerritt

my longest skunk streak was almost a whole summer it was my first year fishing and all i wanted was to get into a pike on the third last outing of the summer i caught a pike and a catfish and i was happy as can be. Last season my longest skunk streak was 3 outings i believe

Edited by bassmaster4

Hmm....when bly and I go for our fall walleye, we get skunked probably 4 out of 5 times we head out....but the payoff on days we hit fish is worth all that work!

When I started targeting steelhead last winter, I went my first 6 times without a hook up....the next time I had a hookup but lost it....and it took CANADIANCOPPER to get me into my first few steelies.

working on my worst streak right now thanks for asking . these damn rainbows are kickin' my angling ass. new to it . been out twice without any success and it hurts , not used to the failure ,, the frustration 'cause i know i have all the mechanics of it down just need to finite the presentation on a given day . i'll get it . i fish on my own so it comes a little slow ,, but i will get it !!!!!!

keep reading ,, keep trying ,, chrome will be mine !! lol .

Edited by waterwolf

l can Never have the things l want.... been skunked sooooo much and my friends around me tells me to get over it... but l cant.... l want some things so bad... l guess l have to work harder... because l just dont give up ... skunk streak...54, 56 outtings and l am now at 37 outings for this round.

Ken

Edited by Bowshep

Been a Leafs fan since 1967...talk about the World's Worse Skunk !!!!

Beat that !!!

Other than that, fishing a Bass Tourney on Sparrow Lake and never touched a Bass, even during pre-fishing.

My partner caught 3 including big fish of the Tourney and I can't add a damn thing to help out.

We probably could have placed top 5 easy if dumbass here had just hooked one...but no...it still bugs me.

Hookset.

My steel-head skunk is pretty bad. After almost twenty years and more than a hundred trips.....I've caught two fish. One was a little dink about 12", and the last one was a half dead, spawned out male that came out of the shadow and grabbed my yarn fly almost right at my feet, gave a quick splash, and then rolled over and I dragged him in.

My best steel-head day was on the Saugeen. I had two fish on and lost them both, but one was a real beauty. Probably over ten pounds, screaming up and down the river and jumping like crazy for at least five minutes... and then it was off. Pretty exciting for me. I don't really mind losing the fish so much because I would have released it anyway, but it would be nice to actually land one..... :huh:

I've never been skunked. :whistling: I have been out on days where I let line out and rinse lures however. Those are days that I am just out enjoying the day on the water. :Gonefishing:

I try not to remember those days, as I have had a few four in a row maybe. I also remember coming home muttering a few words as to how it was a waste of gas to go out. I just try and remember that everyday I get out is a good one.

I'm with you on this one Cranks bait. There's lots of days when I don't catch anything, but I don't consider them to be wasted days.

And now that I've taken up fly-fishing, there's a lot more fishless days. :blush::)

I have pulled some zippers, first time at Lake Chautaqua in New York, 4 days of fishing 2 practice days 2 tournament days and didn`t land a bass, 2 muskies on and lost them both just to keep the string going.

Next time there not a bit better, did cut the practice days, didn`t make sense to fish where they weren`t and I couldn`t locate them. 3rd time there like 5th or 6th place, dang fish must have found me.

I have shot blanks even on waters I knew well, but usually one day at a time, I hate patterns like that!

It can happen to anyone, fished in tournaments that no one caught a fish, 150 boats fields where 10 boats had fish, still beats sitting home!