Do's and Dont's

livinisfishin

I caught a fish, it may or may not be trout......could be a salmon, i'm not telling. There might have been more landed, possibly even more hooked, but I'm not saying. It could have caught in a Lake Ontario tributary, possibly not, but definitely in Ontario.

Anyway thanks to the community for letting me share my fishing trip, tips up!

FirstSteel.jpg

OK that right there is dang funny!! LOL!

G

Funny how this topic has come to light since Snag started posting! You're an instigator sir!

And I'm open to any colour of bucket. If we're biased to say, grey buckets, this would leave out a lot of opportunities. White, grey, yellow... I've sampled them all.. and they're all good!

good thread!

cheers

HD

I post specific spots and even GPS Lat/long lots of times. I even posted the coordinates for spot right out in front of my house once and watched for a couple of weeks to see how mant people fished there, None!

That's because we all came at night after your lights went out! :lol:

jjcanoe

Funny how this topic has come to light since Snag started posting! You're an instigator sir!

I'm just paranoid and selfish.

I eat pike and I don't want to go hungry. Simcoe is too far to drive. Toronto is convenient.

:blahblah1:

Hug Nater,

That's my new rule.

S.

If you really want to get to know everyone in a hurry - just post the picture of the 2 headed pike that your buddy caught - or the 12 foot sturgeon that you, and 8 of your buddies caught one night while walleye fishing - or better yet - post the picture of your great uncle that caught that 70 lb pike from lake simcoe - I am sure that you'll hear from most in a very short time!

Basic rule - if you can't 100% vouch for the validity of the picture - don't post it!

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

never wear a pink tutu, unless u WANT it posted on the board every now and again for everyone to see and laugh at you,

never post your new muskie recipe

and never, ever worry to ask advice about anything and everything, because someone on this board knows how to help you

Three very true statements...

Guest lundboy

There are also "unwritten rules" that are not specified. These usually end up having your thread locked or having the post/thread deleted entirely without explanation, like it never existed. You will usually see this when it is something political (which there is not any written-defined rule against).

There are also "unwritten rules" that are not specified. These usually end up having your thread locked or having the post/thread deleted entirely without explanation, like it never existed. You will usually see this when it is something political (which there is not any written-defined rule against).

And there's also one's personal decision to have a thread pulled..such as I have done many a time. :w00t: Just "blame it on the rain"

Edited by twilight

Often a political thread or something that just doesnt "sit well" with one fo the mods will get tossed.... this is true. Usually if one of the mods is concerned the thread is getting distasteful, it will be locked and or pulled.. Ive done it a few times when someone or something was getting bashed, and it was enough.... no hard rules for those.....

and if your post gets deleted don't post how upset you are and demand an answer, fell free to pm a moderator and they will try to explain. And if you are still upset TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF AND WALK AWAY.........

Rules are subject to interpretation. We do our best here and it seems to work 99% of the time. What really makes this place so successful is you guys. The members. Somehow this message board has managed to attract a great bunch of people. Simple as that. Much like best friends, we occasionally argue. No big deal. We move on.

DANG, Beer, Chicken Wings, Elitism!!!!

Anything you can imagine has been discussed on here, sometimes pulled, sometimes left alive to live it's course.

We have had family and friends have great successes, great heart aches, live through pain and live through the support of the OFC.

As with anything in life, you can watch and learn the environment which you live. Understand what get's punished and what doesn't. Sometimes you will find that the good old boys network will prevail, praise be to the good old boys!!! You will get upset because your post gets pulled but Big Cliff posts the same thing in two days and it is met with great reception. Such is life.

If you feel you need to defend, rather than explain your position on a certain subject you may consider whether or not it belongs on a fishing forum. I don't defend topics in life as I tend to get emotional in defense. If I can't respond in an explanatory or enlightened way then I don't do it. In life and here.

Enjoy it kids. It won't be around forever and if it gets abused it will be gone before you know it.

No spell check, grammar check, OFC RULE check or other checks have been performed on this post.

DANG, BEER, CHICKEN WINGS, ELITISM