pimped out my personal ponton boat

You have raised the center of gravity a long ways from the original design and might notice a change in stability, hopefully before its too late but probably better than standing on it. I take it the seat goes back to its original position for the 6' waves.

I bet thats a whole lot of fun, I want one.

Ya man, thats pretty sweet for sure!

I saw the epoisode of "Bass Techs" that they did that to a pontoon boat like that.

They cut a hole in the deck, added netting underneath for a livewell, and put a hinged cover over the hole for easy access to drop the fish you want to keep.

It turned out to be awesome!!

Other than the FishFinder(GPS) unit, and livewell, you have done very nice work!

Good job!

*Stoty

We have to hook-up!

That looks awesome!

and there I thought you sold it????

I can think of some areas where that would be the best unit to have.

Please post as many progress reports as possible.

Drift sock (small one) - I use one on my back lakes "tupperwear boat".

Stops you from spinning down the shoreline like a fart in the wind.

And controls your drift nicely too.

Hookset.

Yeah good call hookset - last season when I was fishing twitch baits I'd end up

going in circles from the pull! haha

We have to hook-up!

That looks awesome!

and there I thought you sold it????

I can think of some areas where that would be the best unit to have.

Please post as many progress reports as possible.

Hey Snag - I had it up for sale for a while, and had a small boat lined up

(all before the house came along) but the small boat deal fell through, the

tuner didn't sell right away because it dropped in price from when I bought

it...yadda yadda the rest is history.....

Got some PM's about the original boat - I paid close to $500.00 for it just

over a year ago, and saw it on sale at BPS last week for around $250.00.

It's a solid little boat - and considering it's big brother is $800.00 you can't

go wrong..

Cheers guys,

UF

It sure looks pretty sweet. I wondered about the triangle of stability being so high now too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the pontoon boat. My buddy bought one for the back lakes we hit. I'm going to one because of getting too wet in the float tube. I'll have to show my buddy yours.

RR

Edited by ravinerat

agree with the stability observation, also looks like weight is concentrated to the rear, not familiar with the motor's hp but you might consider putting the motor right @ the front to prevent backflip. i would also suggest some kind of quick-realease clips or floating line for the rods, nets, etc. they do look expensive and you wouldnt want to loose them in the event of a flip. just my 2 cents...

Edited by bravo_3

agree with the stability observation, also looks like weight is concentrated to the rear, not familiar with the motor's hp but you might consider putting the motor right @ the front to prevent backflip. i would also suggest some kind of quick-realease clips or floating line for the rods, nets, etc. they do look expensive and you wouldnt want to loose them in the event of a flip. just my 2 cents...

Yeah I was thinking of setting up some sort of clips for the rods, last year I used to

just strap them down to the frame with travel straps.

As for flipping backwards, not a problem,I did many balancing tests prior to doing the mods.

Even with the additions, the boat is only about 70 lbs, so the motor mount at the back

does make it lean back a little in the photo but once you add my weight which is situated

closer to the front of the boat it'll even out fine. The seat also has the option to slide

forward and backwards on rails which will allow for more balancing adjustments.

Once I get it on the water I'm going to move around the battery until I get the balance

PERFECT, than bolt the bracket down into place and I'm good to go!

I won't be using it in rapids of any sort, mostly resevoirs, shalow water back bays and slow

streams/rivers.

I stood up on it all year last season without any balance issues also, so now I'll just be

fishing with a little more comfort.

Any ideas for making rod clips?

The chances of the boat going down are slim to none but possible as anything in life!

Cheers,

UF