What type of boat and fish?

LundGuy

You might have done this before, but since I am fairly new in here I thought I would acquaint myself with some of you and find out find out what others fish and what kind of boats you use.

I have a 18'6 Lund Fisherman , 16' Lund DLX and 12' Lund DLX. I have a camp up northeast of Sault Saint Marie and our lake has bass, pike , walleye ,whitefish and sturgeon. I fish salmon in the Great Lakes and fish walleye,pike and bass where ever I can, when I am able.I am 57 years old and do most my fishing up north. Like to get away from all the traffic.

How about everyone else? LundGuy (Warren)

I have this beauty of a boat....LOL

boat3-1.jpg

This is my first boat, bought last fall....only had her out twice before she was winterized. It's just a 14 foot tinny, with an 18hp Merc, but I'm looking forward to hitting Kawartha lakes this upcoming season to hunt down some bass, walleye, and maybe some muskie. I'm not brave enough to take this out on the big lake for Salmon, but it'll be a great starter boat for bly and I.

It's not much, nothing compared to your setup, but it's a start!

I have a 18'6 Lund Fisherman , 16' Lund DLX and 12' Lund DLX. I have a camp up northeast of Sault Saint Marie and our lake has bass, pike , walleye ,whitefish and sturgeon. I fish salmon in the Great Lakes and fish walleye,pike and bass where ever I can, when I am able.I am 57 years old and do most my fishing up north. Like to get away from all the traffic.

FishHawk1600.jpg

Well at least we know why you're called "LundGuy"

This is my new boat, a 1600 Fish Hawk SC. I am pretty much a catch as catch can kind of guy. But love the north (or near north I guess) and the typical Northern Ontario fishing. I am really looking forward to the start of the season.

Jim

Edited by Radnine

I fish out of a Alumacraft Navigator with a Yamaha 90 four stroke.My home lake is Lake Scugog where I have a trailer at Goreskis and I am there every weekend from May to October.

I like to hook up the boat a few times a year and head up to Simcoe and chase smallies and I made myself a promise this year to get out more and try some different waters we`ll see how that goes given the predicted price of gas.

boat3-1.jpg

This is my first boat, bought last fall....only had her out twice before she was winterized. It's just a 14 foot tinny, with an 18hp Merc, but I'm looking forward to hitting Kawartha lakes this upcoming season to hunt down some bass, walleye, and maybe some muskie. I'm not brave enough to take this out on the big lake for Salmon, but it'll be a great starter boat for bly and I.

good job.We all have to start somewhere and you are better off than I was when I first started out.Its not the boat that makes the fisherman.

FishHawk1600.jpg

Well at least we know why your called "LundGuy"

This is my new boat, a 1600 Fish Hawk SC. I am pretty much a catch as catch can kind of guy. But love the north (or near north I guess) and the typical Northern Ontario fishing. I am really looking forward to the start of the season.

Jim

Glad to meet ya Jim, nice boat.Good make ,good name.Going to the show on Saturday just to get the fishing feeling back.

I fish out of a Alumacraft Navigator with a Yamaha 90 four stroke.My home lake is Lake Scugog where I have a trailer at Goreskis and I am there every weekend from May to October.

I like to hook up the boat a few times a year and head up to Simcoe and chase smallies and I made myself a promise this year to get out more and try some different waters we`ll see how that goes given the predicted price of gas.

I usually stop in at Lake Simcoe once a year and collect a few perch for our year end BBQ.Nice boat , almost bought one last year, but my wife put a stop to my fleet. :blahblah1:

boat3-1.jpg

CCM, did you get the boat off of a Kajiji site? It looks familiar from when I was looking earlier.

Lundguy its not the first time that this thread has been run

I currently have a Lund SSV 18.6 ft 50Hp four stroke Honda

I just traded it it in for a Lund 1660 Classic and I will be keeping the same Motor.

IMG_0478JPGSSV18.jpg

BoatinQuinte100_0031.jpg

This one will be gone soon.

1660ClassicT_Maj_VF8A6380.jpg

This will be the New boat with more toys and finally a bow Mount electric Motor.I ordered this one in dark grey.

12ftTinnyIMG_0286.jpg

Boat number 2 is a 12 foot Tinny(Thornes) that comes with me camping when I can't bring the Lund.It has an 8hp 2 stroke Yamaha.

IMG_1310JPGTrailerandTinny.jpg

canoe-1.jpg

This well the wife won't let me sell it but I must admit I still fish out of the canoe.

I mostly fish for Walleye and love to catch Bass and Pike.

2 species I would like to catch this year is a Laketrout and a Muskie.

Lundboy send some pics.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Hey Mike ,hope this works . Heres my boats, the bigger one I have had for 3 years. The pics of the 16 and 12 are not my actual boats. I just got them. The 16 has a new 55 Terrova Minn Kota on it with a 25 Merc.I had to build a bow platform to install the electric motor .. My wife did a great job on the carpet. I will send a pic once I get it out. 12 footer has a 9.9 Merc. If these pics don't show up I will figure it out later on.

2008_LUND_WC12_14_16_DLX_WC_16_14_12_FEATURES_OPTIONS_STANDARD_FEATURES_Alum.jpg

s_im71.jpg

IMGP1912.JPG

Edited by LundGuy

Hi Warren, we might be neighbours! Bradley & Millbank area for me, South London.

I'm running an 18' Starcraft Center Console - riggers and mast - ready for muskie and salmon!

I want to get out for some more bass and pike this year - casting arm is getting a little flabby!

If you want to hook-up and tell lies, get in touch with me!

-Brian

...at the helm...

DSC00923.jpg

Picked ours up a few years ago. Tracker Targa V17 WT. 90 HP 2-Stroke Merc. That windshield sure is nice on the cold rainy Northern Ontario September days. I've been hinting around about upgrading to a 4 stroke, but my better half says we don't get out enough to make it worth the money.

Typically we're after pike, musky, and bass ... depending on where we go.

(Our two girls are just a bonus ..... man, I sure do miss my Airdale. But - we just picked up another one a few weeks ago, so she'll be in the Lakair pics and report)

gallery_296_59_32740.jpg

Edited by Rich Clemens

Hey Lund Guy , nice to meet you.I have a 19ft. Alumacraft at my home base on Lake Erie, ,a 14ft. Slyvan at my trailer on the West Arm of Nipissing where I do most of my fishing and a 12ft. tinny for fishing the crappie ponds around home. I am 62, retired, and refer to myself as a full time fishing bum. Maybe we will bump into each other this summer.

Got a new Legend 16 Xtreme (picking up the end of next month), a 8' for the beach at the cottage and a 14 foot tinny with a 6 HP Johnson.

I fish for mainly bass and pike in Long Point. But will be trailering it to Quinte for some Walleye this year.

16xtreme_lifestyle.jpg

Edited by danbouck

Here is my ride..

17' Polarkraft w/ 78" Beam

These pictures are from when I took her our for a test drive.. as you can see she is bare bones

July07044.jpg

July07043.jpg

July07042.jpg

I have been working on her and have done this to the bow section....

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

I have also added a trolling motor and the needed navigation lights

DSCN0101.jpg

This Spring I will be adding the back floor, new GPS, New Fishfinder and a stereo system

After that my wife says I am done spending lol

G

17 ft Mako- 115 E tec I fish from the twin sisters out of Pointe au baril up to and as far as Kilarney Mountains any givin weekend for Pike, Bass,Muskie,and Pickeral ,and now I got 2 new Cannon riggers sitting waiting for her so Salmon Trout what ever else I can kill time for on Georgian Bay

000_1320.jpg