Fish'n Canada Rant

bassman

About 1 1/2 years ago I called one of the local radio stations during the Outdoor Journal, which is hosted by the Fish'nCanada guys. As a caller I was awarded a prize for calling the show. I waited about 2-3 months and received nothing. I have sent 3-4 messages to the FNC folks over the past year with absolutely no response, and I have yet to receive my prize.

Initially, I was disappointed that Fish'nCanada changed their format which was absolutely ridiculous, but I'm also upset that these idiots lost a fan and a viewer over a $20-30 prize.

Has anyone else had any problems with these guys?

Cheers!

well I gave up on these morons after they tried to be 14 year old gangsta rappers

cursing and swearing and slapping fish back into the water in the motorhome going down the road they were harassing the driver and throwing things at him......

it was late night tv at best and had little to do with fishing...and if 40 and 50 plus year old tv hosts thaought that it was a good idea..then I would have nothing to do with them again....

and in the year and 1/2 I have not watch their show and I put them down ever chance I get.......they are almost as bad as the dime bag fishermen show

Glad you posted this! If they ignore you long enough, you will go away, I wonder how many other people will go away too? Customer service is a rare commodity these days. It costs a lot of money to generate a new customer, I wonder what their $20.00-$30.00 gift will cost them in lost customers?

I've given up on them too. Ever since they hired Mike, the show has gone way downhill IMHO. It's much less informative. I keep meaning to get the address of WFN to complain about this show and extreme angler, which is another one that annoys me. If anyone does the same, please PM me the address. Not only do I find these ones annoying, but I actually do other things (like errands, watch other channels) so I don't have to watch it. I think letters like this might sway them to change their programming. I have heard complaint letters, especially ones explicitly stating the viewer is both dissatisfied AND not watching the show, send a strong signal.

Any show that has to do an "uncut" version (in quotes as it seems more scripted than uncut) or has middle-aged hosts with "dawg" in their nicknames are not worth my time. I know they are trying to draw a younger audience, but I'm not that old myself and cringe everytime I click past these shows.

Edited by fishinggeek

Well as i was growing up i was always told that if you didn't have something nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all,,,,hmmm i happen to enjoy the show as i enjoy all the shows,, I might not enjoy all the types of fishing a show is doing but i just might see or hear something that might help me in my adventures,,,If a show makes it to air there's proprably a reason it did,,,,maybe not enough for you but maybe for someone else,,,,and as for your prises bassman,,,,i am sure it was the resposibility of the radio station to award prises for calling in,,,which would be the norm

Thanks Terry, I told them the same thing when I called the show. Not a surprise that I never got my prize.

Oh well, their loss not mine.

Sorry I like them both. Extreme Angler and Fish N Canada. I'd love to go fishing with Pete Bowman or just about anyone from Extreme Angler. I can understand why some don't, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be on the air. To each his own. Now them not coughing up a prize is wrong, but it sounds to me like it was the radio stations responsibility and them you should have been going after. Now if you called Fish N Canada and explained what happened and I was runnung the place I would take care of customer and just send it out anyway ......... but if you called with some serious attitude (as above) and I had already fulfilled my end of the bargain (assuming the radio station is at fault) I wouldn't blame them for not sending it. Put yourself in their position. Sometimes it's the way you approach the problem that gets it solved or not. Sorry, JMHO.

Yup, I agree 100% with what Bassman has to say. I got no personal ties with that show, and all All I can tell ya its almost as bad as the Dimestore Idiots but at least their jokes arent half as bad. I havent watched it for a while Thanks to the that new host who has to go. Its too bad because at one time they fished waters not too far from where I lived and that Fishing Cull show in NorthBay was awesome to watch. Sadly I now rate them just above the Dimestore Morons, The Rod and Reel, Shellys and Courtneys Horror Show.

I've given up on them too. Ever since they hired Mike, the show has gone way downhill IMHO. It's much less informative. I keep meaning to get the address of WFN to complain about this show and extreme angler, which is another one that annoys me. If anyone does the same, please PM me the address. Not only do I find these ones annoying, but I actually do other things (like errands, watch other channels) so I don't have to watch it. I think letters like this might sway them to change their programming. I have heard complaint letters, especially ones explicitly stating the viewer is both dissatisfied AND not watching the show, send a strong signal.

Any show that has to do an "uncut" version (in quotes as it seems more scripted than uncut) or has middle-aged hosts with "dawg" in their nicknames are not worth my time. I know they are trying to draw a younger audience, but I'm not that old myself and cringe everytime I click past these shows.

IMHO, Extreme Angler is the best show on WFN, hands down; especially if you are a Southern Ontario fisherman. They have strong segments, pertinent information and useful tips, not to mention the Extreme Fishing Annual, which is a killer magazine.

Don't badmouth those guys, they are doing great things. :Gonefishing:

Darcy

Well the show used to be alot better in the old days,and yes the new host,well has got to go,im not a regular viewer thanks to him,as there is much better shows on now,as i have WFN,shows like the next bite,extreame angler,the FLW walleye/bass tour. :whistling::clapping::w00t: ...man there is lots that are far better and more sincere than the fishin-canada show,they once asked my buddy and me to move out of our fishing spot at the wilmot,so they could catch a fish as they couldnt catch one for over 2 hours......so of course we said hell no !!!!!as they wernt even polite,then came the ""DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE LINE OF CRAP !!!! you can have it when we leave,they didnt even say thanks !!!!!so yes i know how you feel i do hope you get your prize...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Apples and oranges. FNC shows you where to go and how much of a great time you can have if you follow their co-ordinates. Extreme Angler is a much more in-depth look at the techniques and tools to use in an appropriate situation. The target audience is probably a little different, too.

FNC= casual/recreational

X-Treme A= more than casual... much more.

Well the show used to be alot better in the old days,and yes the new host,well has got to go,im not a regular viewer thanks to him,as there is much better shows on now,as i have WFN,shows like the next bite,extreame angler,the FLW walleye/bass tour. :whistling::clapping::w00t: ...man there is lots that are far better and more sincere than the fishin-canada show,they once asked my buddy and me to move out of our fishing spot at the wilmot,so they could catch a fish as they couldnt catch one for over 2 hours......so of course we said hell no !!!!!as they wernt even polite,then came the ""DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE LINE OF CRAP !!!! you can have it when we leave,they didnt even say thanks !!!!!so yes i know how you feel i do hope you get your prize...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I don't want to upset anyone! :wub::wub::wub:

Edited by kennyman

HAHAHA, ya gotta be careful what you say about these guys on this board, or they'll threaten to sick their lawyers on someone in admin.

Been there, done that.

Kinda surprised this thread hasn't been deleted yet.

Once Mr. Bowfin catches wind of it, you can be sure it'll be gone.