Soooooooo....!?

Gerritt

nice relaxful low-key CXhristmas spent with family - loved it!

bought myself some nice needed fishing items before hand

had given to me tons of BBQ sauces/rubs/marinades, some power tools for the workshop, clothes,.......

had a very nice 4 day stretch off, back to work tommorow

Got quite a bit of fishing stuff :thumbsup_anim: Got some cabelas t-shrits, some good lures!!! A pete maina T-Shirt, Pete Maina's book... Pete have only read a bit but i like it so far ;) , two Bass Pro Shops gift cards (one is gone), $25 to spend in Cabelas online. Last a lure making kit :thumbsup_anim: Since we arent getting any ice that will probably be used alot this winter. Here is a funny story my Brother was going through his stocking and he pulls a a slinky. He looks at it and after a while finally says "I got a spring" we were all laughing it was so funny :lol:

Got a Helly Hnson Survival suit ... warmer than a nuns thoughts ... and with all kinds of cool features and pockets and velcro .. and with a special internal zipper ... just long enough to let me add some colour to the snow :)

Got a Tundra Tuff 2 man ice shanty ... goes up in 6o seconds ... and down almost as fast ... but has the BEST ice screws for anchoring in the wind ... ya know the mrs loves me :)

A gift certificate (from my mother in law) to MY local fishing store - Le Baron - where I like to spend spend spend :)

And ... tell me Im not the only one who looks at the ribbons on presents thinking .... wow - look at those colours ....

Christmas%202006%20004%20(Medium).jpg

Edited by camillj

$150 in BPS Gift cards

$100 in cash from a lottery win

and

another Battleship

My wife apatrently thinks that one is never enough. They're kits 1/350 scale One will be the USS Penn, sister of the Arizona and the one I just got is the British King George V. I don't know if I will go into all the detail that some do when building these. Some of this is awesome detailed work. I figure 6-9 months to build the first. I'll do some photos along the way and although it's NF I will share them even if I screw up

No fishing stuff for me, but I dropped by LeB to pick up some stuff at their no-tax sale, so it's almost as good. ;)

I'm going to be picking up a trolling motor this winter/spring as a combined present, will be great to have it for the family cottage boat and for rental boats next season.

Mike

cleaned up!

had 200 in BPS gift certificates! ( early from ym wife). Headed to Bass Pro and met BPSbassman! what an awesome guy! missed Lew's daughter by 3 minutes ( you are lucky lew I was going to send her with 10 bulldawgs!)

Ended up getting a new flyrod combo, a few musky baits, some shirts, a hat and a hoodie. Picked my uncle up a few laker baits for the cottage.

went 100 over budget ( family accountant had a few baileys and coffes and was ok with my shopping).

got 100 more to spend and have Xmas with my dad tomorrow!!!

Merry Chritsmas to all!!!

First of all,let me say, my family ends up with three seperate Christmas celebrations (one for each side of the family). Now I got some fishing stuff last night from my mom and stepfather. A Storm ice fishing rod with Fireline Micro ice line(anyone use this stuff?)and a "slush scooper". I've never been ice fishing,so I'll have to give it a whirl. On Christmas day my wife got me a $50 BPS gift card and a book on NP and musky. Now my dad and my stepmom were down from the Smith Falls area a couple weeks ago and they are so thrilled that I'm hooked on fishing now they got me an ultralite combo so I can hit the Orillia Perch festival with them in a few months better prepared. They've been fishing that festival start to finish for years and years. They get there two days before and leave two days after. That's almost a month of every year fishing for perch.He even got the big tag a few years back. Was worth about $21,000 bucks or something around there. Oh, I opened up another box as well with I think close to twenty lures in it. A couple of the big wooden ones he had made, a few tried and true oldies he pulled from his own tackle box and a few brand new lures and some braided line too. He was grinning from ear to ear and so was I. It was a great Christmas as far as the fishing goodies went,but even better was spending time with family and friends and sharing a few glasses of Christmas cheer. The absolute best part for me as always was watching my kids. That/s what it's all about. Hope you all had a great one too.

Wow, some nice loot there everyone. Our family typically does not spend a lot at X-mas, but this year we broke down and went nuts. My wife got a fancy Danome sewing machine for doing her quilting and I got this 16 channel Yamaha audio workstation, and a couple of mics. I can now do CD and broadcast quality recordings. Just have to learn how to use it now..... :worthy:

IMG_2259.JPG