LUNAR ECLIPSE

Weeds

Hey, I know CC has got this posted in extra resources or anouncements but nobody reads that so I figured I'd post it here. Should be cool, look up around 8 and then every once in while after that. Let me know if it was cool cause I'm sure to forget. Maybe bump this too.

Just went out and had a glance. Yep. Perfect night for it. Cloudless and cold. It's started.

Also this is a very special milestone in the "posts" tally. Weird this happens on a lunar eclipse! :unsure:

If its an omen, ......... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by tapout

Are you getting any pics Dan? My camera does not have the capacity, I've tried several settings, and its basically a blur :(

Joey

Hey joey. I'm getting it in several shots on my video camera with my phone in front for a few seconds before each "stage" to show the time each shot was taken. Now the moon is almost covered the camera focuses better. Go give it a try.

Edited by tapout

Are you getting any pics Dan? My camera does not have the capacity, I've tried several settings, and its basically a blur :(

Joey

Joey. The moon is a tough shot without a DSLR. I don't own one. I'd give it my best try if it wasn't so cold out. Why do these eclipses always occur when it's so cold out??

I think I lost an earlobe like Wayne. But here's a quick attempt. Maybe I'll go back out with my higher zoom and see what I can get.

eclipse.jpg

Awesome shot DanC. I tried with my digital camera, but I just couldnt do it justice. I guess i was moving around too much. One of those bright objects in your pic is Saturn i believe and the other is that US Spy Satellite that is due to fall to the earth in late Feb or early march. I hear the US will attempt to shoot it down with a missle.

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Well thanks guys, but it isn't an awesome shot. There are limitations to point and shoot cameras and the moon is one of them. I used a tripod, tried two different cameras, took about 30 shots, tried a bunch of different settings, and this was about the best that I could come up with. Hopefully someone with a DSLR can post a shot and show us the magic that it can do.

Here's a series of shots from a Nikon Coolpix Camera (point and shoot) with 10X optical zoom. I wish that it didn't have auto focus...oh well. My daughter took most of the good ones...the only one that turned out for me was the first in this series. The rest were the result of her playing around with settings. She did a great job considering the camera!

full.jpg

partial1.jpg

partial2.jpg

total3.jpg

Edited by ccmtcanada