I'm Just about read for a change of Seasons.

Ramble

I was outside standing in the wind this morning and I realized that I'm almost ready for spring. I love all the seasons, but I can only tolerate each of them for so long. I've got a few more weeks of ice fishing left in me and then I'll be ready for the softwater, and the warm sun.

It's going to be a good summer I think. I already have a 3 day trip planned into Algonquin in May, and a 7 day trip in August. I'm working on another one. Not to mention the usualy 2 months of guiding...and the places around home.

I'm dreaming of it already.

DSCN2329.jpg

Laker.jpg

IMGP0366.jpg

DaveJuly11002.jpg

Yup, it's going to be a gooooood year!

In the mean time i have 4 more lakes on my TO DO LIST before the ice leaves.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Ramble Out

Edited by Ramble On

Some great shots Ramble. I too like those close-ups.

I've still got a little winter left in me, a few more ice fishing ventures and a few more rides on the snowmobile.

I'm gonna get an early start on the softwater season this year as I'm heading down to Tennesse with the family for the March break and am hooking up with a couple of guys down there. Gonna give the striper fishing a shot...I hope.

Great post

Jim

Just booked the annual week long trip to Pigeon. Its a family thing but lots of fishing involved. My dad has a trailer on Pigeon as well so he and I will spend a couple weekends ahead of that trip on Crappie and Walleye.

Will also hit up a lake we used to cottage on in the Bancroft area for a day to get some pike in June.

Beyond that not clear yet. Maybe Nipissing again, likely BoQ in fall but don't want to think that far yet.

Oh, and of course, want to get in some more local fishing.

Hey Ramble thanks for asking.Booked a week at Charleston Lake so far, a week at Sandbanks will be booked soon. I plan on fishing the Orillia Perch festival, hopefully fishing the Ottawa this year as well. Other than that I'll be fishing the Grand (lots), Long Point Inner Bay,Port Maitland and Dunnville area and sometime this year I want to fish the Niagara (I never have yet). I am determined somewhere I want to catch a few muskie. Hopefully at least one on the Ottawa, but Scugog, Buckhorn or Sinclair. will be on the radar as well. How about you?

Edited by kennyman

I hear ya Cliff. I have 7 feet of snow on the boat right now and am I ever glad it's on blocks. The first days of March, I don't care what it looks like out there. I'm pulling that sucker out onto the driveway!

I hear ya Cliff. I have 7 feet of snow on the boat right now and am I ever glad it's on blocks. The first days of March, I don't care what it looks like out there. I'm pulling that sucker out onto the driveway!

Well nothing worse than waiting for winter to end so you can pick up your new boat.I can't wait.

I'm not sittin on the couch all winter tomorrow I am taking the family to Ottawa to skate on the Rideau Canal and Sunday

My son my Dad and I are going ice fishin.Its only winter I have had many years to get used to it.

Ah Roy your supposed to take the snow off that thing LE Princecraft. :P

Don't get me wrong i like winter a lot. But it's been around a while, and I'm ready for spring again.

I cant give you spring but I can give you another 20 or 30 degrees warmer if you want to visit us down here in Virginia.

Art