Questions about one piece hockey sticks

kickingfrog

What do you use to cut the shaft of the "new" one-piece sticks? A hack saw would seem to work, but I thought I'd check first.

BTW CTC has a sale on most of their one-piece sticks, thats why I sucked it up and finally bought one to complement my 25 year old aluminum shaft. Are their any NHL rookies in their mid 30s? :canadian::D

While I do not play hockey. I do have to deal with cutting steertubes for bikes that are of different materials. Should be the same. Yes you can use a hacksaw. I'm not sure if you are cutting fibergalss or carbon fiber, but I know for the later it is wise to use a dust mask so as not to inhale the particles.

Using a guide such as a steer tube guide (although I doubt very much if you have one of those kicking around) will ensure a straight cut. Also wrapping tape on the area to be cut helps reduce stray fibers.

I'm sure others will have more to add, but I got you started. I can see you know hovering over this stick, saw in hand, just waiting to get the go ahead :thumbsup_anim:

Life was so much simpler when hockey sticks were made of wood and a GOOD one cost $1.29 :thumbsup_anim:

No kidding Lew.....my grandson plays for a Burlington team and some of the kids (7 & 8 year olds) are playing with $150+ sticks that their Dad's cheerfully cut down...

Client of mine has a hockey stick store, 90% of the parents that buy those can't afford them, amazing marketing LOL

When one breaks you wouldn't believe how they shriek like stuck pigs for another one. I was in the store when one mom was putting on her display, she'd probably trade her newborn for a replacement stick if the organ donor market was open. Must see reality TV was nothing compared to this.

I grew up on wood and my boys are getting the wooden sticks, unless you're an NHL prospect calibre...thanks for coming out.

Liquidation World in Oakville was selling TPS 1-piece for $25 so I bought 2. Same price as I would have paid for my normal stick Sherwood PMP. Never used one before and after first time out

WOW

These stick really whip the puck around but the feel is very differnt. It's like the stick is alive, hard time keeping the puck on the tape and it's way light in the hands