Here we go again!

Headhunter

Guest gbfisher

Like it's been bad or something :rolleyes: Bring it on. We need it! Still have some hard water to cover.

I wonder why people who live in a country like Canada would ever complain about snow..... :lol:

There's always Florida. :thumbsup_anim:

at this point, I would like to be able to see the ice I am walking on..ok riding on, I don't walk very far

if we get much snow you can't see the thin ice

ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM THREATENING TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

THE RESIDUAL FREEZING RAIN OVER FAR EASTERN ONTARIO HAS TAPERED TO A LITTLE PATCHY FREEZING DRIZZLE. THUS THE WARNING IS ENDED. MEANWHILE..YET ANOTHER MOISTURE-LADEN WINTER STORM IS TAKING SHAPE OVER TEXAS THIS MORNING AND IS SETTING ITS SIGHTS ON SOUTHERN ONTARIO. THIS SEEMS TO BE FOLLOWING THE SCRIPT OF MANY PREVIOUS STORMS THIS WINTER SEASON. BUT THIS STORM IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT IN THAT THERE IS RELATIVELY MILD AIR OVER ONTARIO AHEAD OF IT. AS IT TRACKS NORTHEASTWARDS REACHING OHIO BY WEDNESDAY MORNING..INCREASING WINDS ARE FORECAST TO TAP SOMEWHAT COLDER AIR FROM A BUILDING HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE OVER NORTHERN ONTARIO. THIS WILL SET THE STAGE FOR A BAND OF POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT FREEZING RAIN NORTH OF LAKE ERIE AND A MIXTURE OF SNOW AND SOME FREEZING RAIN AND ICE PELLETS FROM SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO TOWARDS THE GREATER TORONTO AREA AND JUST NORTH OF LAKE ONTARIO. REGIONS FARTHER NORTH WILL LIKELY RECEIVE SOME SNOW BUT BELOW THE WARNING THRESHOLD OF 15 CENTIMETRES. THE PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING IN THE SOUTHWEST AND QUICKLY ENVELOP MUCH OF SOUTHERN ONTARIO BY DAWN..MAKING FOR A POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS WEDNESDAY MORNING COMMUTE. SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCRETION AND SNOWFALL OF 15 CENTIMETRES IS LIKELY IN MANY AREAS BEFORE IT TAPERS OFF LATE WEDNESDAY. PLEASE STAY TUNED TO ENVIRONMENT CANADA AS THIS WATCH WILL LIKELY BE UPGRADED TO APPROPRIATE WARNINGS DURING THE DAY TODAY.

Guest gbfisher
at this point, I would like to be able to see the ice I am walking on..ok riding on, I don't walk very far

if we get much snow you can't see the thin ice

I'm hoping that the cold gets here BEFORE the snow does. Next week looks Mint for ice making. Yer right about us needing less snow and more ice.

I'd think by now that you would not venture onto thin ice with out checking first. :D We picked our way out this passed weekend to a spot we hadn't been to with sledders running by us like we were nuts to check as we went. We found anywhere from 3.5" to 5 " where we were. There are still those cracks out on Simcoe right now that would swallow any machine. Roaches Point is unsafe out passed the point. It was open water a few days ago. Only 20' of it but enough to sink the Quad... :D

updated from a "Watch" to a "warning". Guys, I'm a frost bitten Canadian boy who can handle the cold and snow with the best of them... but to be honest, my 50 minute commute will grow into a 90 minute commute very quickly if what they say is coming, arrives.

On the bright side, my son and I will be able to put a second story on the snow fort we built on Sunday! :thumbsup_anim:

HH

updated from a "Watch" to a "warning". Guys, I'm a frost bitten Canadian boy who can handle the cold and snow with the best of them... but to be honest, my 50 minute commute will grow into a 90 minute commute very quickly if what they say is coming, arrives.

On the bright side, my son and I will be able to put a second story on the snow fort we built on Sunday! :thumbsup_anim:

HH

that reads like a mastercard commercial.

second story of snow fort - priceless. :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

I've been out driving around Toronto abit this morning and we've got around 4-5 inches, but it's very thick & heavy so traction is excellent as long as you've got GOOD winter tires.

Sposed to stop for awhile then another go-round this evening