the great white north (with pics)

monty1963

hey guys, myself and four others flew in to Thunder Bay from Hamilton to do some fishing. Decided to rent some ice huts from Sugar Shack rentals. Archie supplied us with four nice huts and treated us like gold for the weekend. thanks from all archie, will do again. met up with my Dad Gordy ,two brothers and uncle. We fished off coffin island, and all of us easily caught our limits and missed many more. fish were on for sure. my buddy Alex got a huge surprise when he pulled a 5 lb. whitefish out of 11 feet of water. Archie mentioned first he had ever seen from that area. congrats Alex. managed a few pike also. here are some pictures from this weekend , again thanks to my dad (Gord Monty) and sugar shack rentals for a great time. we were fishing Lac De Mille Lacs in ignace ontario

simcoe01022008535.jpg

simcoe01022008529-1.jpg

simcoe01022008561.jpg

simcoe01022008547.jpg

simcoe01022008542.jpg

king for the weekend

simcoe01022008522.jpg

4lb.5oz walleye by my dad

simcoe01022008515.jpg

simcoe01022008511.jpg

Sounds like a great way to spend time with the family and friends. I was suppose to hit lac whenI was home for the holidays but it wasn't meant to be (stupid family expecting to spend time together over the holidays - what a bunch of.. err nm).

I've heard great things about archies setups as well, sure looks like a great cabin. Thanks for sharing.

Archie is well known in the area for his Sugar Shack rentals. I've not heard of one complaint yet. And you can bet that Archie placed them over very productive waters. His summer Salmon charters are top class as well. Glad you had fun Monty.