So the Spring Fishing Show is on

bigfish1965

I received a ticket to day for the Spring Fishing Show from Fishing World.I thought it was cancelled... turns out it wasn't...well sorta. Apparently the people running it bailed on the 'Spring Fishing Show' but in it's place there is the 'Spring Fishing and Boating Show' under new management. Same place, same weekend.

Word to the organizers...let guys like us know about stuff like this. We kinda have connections ;)

Huh? I was all set to not attend this year, because I hate going downtown Toronto.

Damn...there goes some more money I cant afford to spend.

Thanks for the update Rick...and you're right...they should have maybe mentioned it here.

TJ...get some promo tickets....I wanna win some like I did last year....LOL

My understanding, that they are going to add a little more fun to it this year too! Each hour, someone will be awarded a $50 voucher to any vendor in there, something like that anyways. Plus other prizes too. Think the new ownership here is heading in the right direction.

The new show seems to be doing alot of the right things and has geared this event for the angler's and boater's. There is going to be some great prizes and seminars at this event with special guest Al Linder making an appearance. I know some of the special we will be having at the Fishing World booth are going to be a hit with the patrons. I look forward as always to meet up with some mebers and share a few stories or provide some help. See some of you there.

All I can say is that if the show is on, there won't be many people there. It's too bad because as a fishing type venue, it was far better than the Sportsman's Show. OH well, someone dropped the ball.

The Sportsman Show went into a tailspin quite a few years ago when it became more of a flea market for chinzy T-shirts and "space age" cleaning products, then the Spring Fishing Show started to go downhill a couple years back when only 1/2 the vendors showed up, presumably because of high rental costs and who can really blame them ?? :dunno:

Seems like their trying to tweek both shows now to hopefully bring them both back to where they were a few years ago and that can only be a good thing.

I passed on the Sportsman Show last year for the 1st time in decades simply because it wasn't worth the ridiculous $$$$ they were charging to get in and I planned on passing on the Spring Show this year too just because there just wasn't much to see anymore, but now that their giving them both a re-vamp this year, maybe they'll be worth another look......lets hope so anyways.

Course this is just my opinion.

The last "shows" I attended was the Spring fishing show in 2004 & the "ice-fishing show" later that December

last did the sportsmens show in 2002? & boat show in 2002?

I will be attending this new fishing show however, main reason being that some of the big salmon gurus (Datomo, Sullivan, Santoro, ...) are putting on a salmon trolling seminar for a few hours.

Very much look'n forward to it. Attened one of there seminars last year @ JB's. Top notch.

Im sure Andy and Vita are going to provide a great show and the speaker line up is very good aswell.

Looking forward to it,as it will be the only fishing related thing I will be attending til spring,,,,,,,maybe even summer.

Lew, as for the sportsmens show,I was there a couple of years ago,NOTHING CLOSE TO WHAT IT WAS MANY YEARS PAST. Sad really,it was the show of shows.

Maybe theres just to much out there,the shows are really not needed. :dunno::dunno:

Im looking forward to it,at least now they have put a real effort into ,aking it better & more interesting seeing how alot of the stores in the GTA,pulled out of the show several years ago,i just purchased a seminar ticket for salmon fishing in lake ontario,and it was $10 bucks and that also pays for my admission too,and seeing how they have some big names comming it should be a good show !!!!!...for the seminars they are only selling 200 tickets and today at JB"s i bought ticket #145...so they are selling fast there is also a bass fishing seminar too,so get your tickets for that as well,as they say the conference room only holds 2-300 people...so we should all meet somewhere at the show on all the mornings and tag up with eachother as im heading there alone,so im looking forward to seeing lots of our members there!!!!.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Does anyone have a seminar schedule for this? Kind of sucks that they're charging for them at a show,doesn't it? We pay admission,the vendors pay huge bucks to be there and then they charge for seminars? Not a bad gig. OOPS, I just re-read the post and if your admission is included with a seminar ticket, I guess that's not as bad .......... at least you get one free.

Edited by kennyman

On reading the Ontario outdoors, I get the impression that Ontario Out doors may have owned the naming rights for the "Spring Fishing" part so as they say they did not want to play so took there ball and went home

I would say because Ontario Outdoors pulled out of the organization there was no one ready to fill the gap. This has caused tones of confusion. There is too much money involved to cancell it they would rather it slug along even if it only makes a 1$ profit

I will be going to both, more cause it gets me out and its very close to where I live :).

If your looking for the super deals they just don't happen any more but you get to ask the experts a few questions, see lots of tackle and tire out the kids :D

Now about free tickets ?? :)

Edited by LeXXington