g-loomis lifetime warranty my butt

corvette1

went on a 7day fly-in on the 3rd day i snap a b/n imx 230 dollar rod 6lb test on a hook set for walleye, drove to loomis yesterday the guy tells me its 75 dollars charge for a replacement, i have 12 loomis rods i will not buy another one i need to buy more rods who covers their warranty

went on a 7day fly-in on the 3rd day i snap a b/n imx 230 dollar rod 6lb test on a hook set for walleye, drove to loomis yesterday the guy tells me its 75 dollars charge for a replacement, i have 12 loomis rods i will not buy another one i need to buy more rods who covers their warranty

What did that 75 dollars cover exactly? I bought a $70.00 Shakespeare Agility one year warranty on it. About six months in to that year my buddy borrowed it, broke it, would not tell me how.... he did say that if necessary he would buy me an new one. Anyhow no worries took it to the store I bought it at and left with a brand new replacement, didn't even ask to see the receipt for the rod which I still had btw.....

After reading this I am glad I went with a couple of Swan Noodle Rod Company rods instead of the 300.00 G.Loomis ones I was looking at before I found the Swans.

What did that 75 dollars cover exactly? I bought a $70.00 Shakespeare Agility one year warranty on it. About six months in to that year my buddy borrowed it, broke it, would not tell me how.... he did say that if necessary he would buy me an new one. Anyhow no worries took it to the store I bought it at and left with a brand new replacement, didn't even ask to see the receipt for the rod which I still had btw.....

After reading this I am glad I went with a couple of Swan Noodle Rod Company rods instead of the 300.00 G.Loomis ones I was looking at before I found the Swans.

Wow...I'm too cheap to buy big name expensive rods. I recently broke two lower end shimanos that were under a year old and took them back to the local tackle store I purchased them at. It took a little while, but they were both replaced with NEW rods....free of charge. The store didn't even charge me for the shipping that they incurred from Shimano.

Depending on who you deal with up there in Mount Hope the price will vary LOL!

The standard replacement charge is usually $40 which isn't bad IMO considering the cost of the rods.

They'll generally charge $75 if you're looking to upgrade. Case in point I brought a broken 111/2' IMX in a couple weeks ago and paid $75 to get a 13' IMX instead...

Fact is though, the guys at Loomis Canada are closing up shop for good as of July 1st this year, so maybe they're not too concerned about customer satisfaction :dunno: .

For those that don't know, Loomis was bought out by Shimano. Canadian warranty concerns on Loomis products might very well be through Shimano in Peterborough in the near future...

Everyone breaks rods on the hookset...car doors must happen to other people, who never ask for warranty coverage LOL

Lets ban gloomis

I've received great service (note NOT FREE) from gloomis in Mount Hope, for my rods and friends rods, including a pal which stepped on his rod tip and was very glad to pay a few bucks for a replacement loomis. Fact is properly cared for graphite rods won't break on hook sets but will if they have been knicked or hit (ie abused).

Rods with no question asked warranties are not 'free' they factor that into the cost, so if you take good care of your rods, you are really subsidizing guys that slam car doors on rod tips.

I don't know, seems to me 75.00 is not alot of money when replacing a 230.00 rod...still cheaper than buying a new one I'd say. Mind you I can't afford to buy a 230.00 rod in the first place. I say get it replaced and chalk it up to "lesson learned" and when buying a new rod in the future then try elsewhere...

jmho

Maureen

Bah. The old IMX graphite has such a high modulous that they can become quite brittle, especially when exposed to heat or cold. Lifetime yes, unconditional no. I hear Sage discontinued their unconditional lifetime warranty as well.. Guess they got overwhelmed with repairs..

Did they at least give you a new pole?

cheers

HD

I still use the same Berkley Lightning rod, for pickeral, that I bought in 1983. It is indeed 2 inches shorter than it's supposed to be due to a "car door" back in '84... but it has never just snapped on a hook set. And the trees/rocks I snag don't move ! :D

Ive gotta say that I had the same experience with Loomis, I then switched to St Croix.

I never had a problem with any of my St Croix stuff but right now I have gotten rid of

ALL of it.

I have switched most of my gear over to Okuma stuff.

Its cheaper, I find almost the same quality, and they will actually fix my stuff when it breaks.

I know what you mean corvette. I was out fishing this past summer and broke my G Loomis walleye series rod setting the hook on a 2.5lb walleye. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen and Its costing me to get it replaced. I think that if you spend that much on a rod with a lifetime warranty it shouldn't break on small fish in the first places and if it breaks it should be replaced no questions asked. When I broke my raven IM6 float rod last winter I had it replaced for free and it didn't take longer than a week.

Ya and wait untill JULY LOOMIS CANADA (Lorne Greene) has sold the canadian right and company to Shimano. They are the sole owners.....

The rods will still come out of Seattle but all the clothing and acc will come out of Peterbough

By the way anyone with a FRONTIER good luck on the warranty, lorne has retired and the company is no more. People assume that they are LOOMIs rods but they are not the are fromtier owned by Lorne Greene.

Trust me I know this info from the horses mouth

Dave

Guest lundboy

If Shimano now owns them you can expect it won't be long before the rods are made in China.

It's almost impossible now to find anything that isn't. Shimano reels used to be made in Japan, this year (2008) they are made in Malaysia (including the Stella). All of their rods for the past 5 years have been coming out of china.

Even US-Reels are made in.... CHINA!

Only reels still made in the US are Ardent. Only rods (I can find) that are made in the US are St. Croix.

So, you don't neccessarily get what you pay for. $250 rod from USA, cost is probably $160. $250 rod made in China, cost is probably $30.

This is probably why they break easy on a hook set. Berkley rods have gone down hill big time this year.

I have a Berkley Series One (made in USA) from 1988 that still fishes great and has not suffered from any failures what-so-ever, same with a Shimano Beastmaster from same era, that has hauled in huge pike and bass.

Yet I have had to replace more recent rods for guide and handle failures that were 3 years old or less and out of warranty that were in the $150 price range.... made in China of course.

You might try dealing directly with G loomis and get better results. The place were you bought it has already gotten their profit out of the transaction and will only lose money if they use manpower to keep you happy. They don't feel that you hold them responsable because they blamed the return policy on the vendor/manufacture.

Art