Toronto Boat show

HTHM

i have a good buddy who has worked the boat show, as a sales man, for the last 4 years. Last year, sales of new boats was down at least 75% at the show. He won't be there this year as the expectation for this years sales is again, very low.

I suspect that this show could be in some trouble if this trend continues.

If you are going, have fun, drool away and good luck.

HH

won't find me there Hometown! No point in spending a day drooling over something I could never afford to buy at this point! haha

Unless of course somebody comes out with a discount Tinny/Electric motor package?! lol Maybe next year!

You're in luck!

Here's a deal on a little aluminium (frame) with an electric motor...

http://www.zenncars.com/specifications/specs_index.html

But you won't find it at the boat show! It's had rave reviews at the Detroit Auto Show. It's a shame they're not legal across Canada considering they're Canadian made!

-Brian

sales of new boats was down at least 75% at the show.

HH, did your friend have any idea as to why boat show sales fell so drastically? That is a huge number and it makes me wonder if it is an indication of the future in relation to other areas of the economy. But then there are many factors to consider, was the slump in high end boats or at the lower end of the scale?

Just curious.

Pikehunter... he suggested that the number of people that attended the show was down, but also that the people he met and spoke with were kicking tires and had not really putting themselves in a buying frame of mind.

He also suggested that the economy at that time had many folks seriously considering all of the costs associated with buying a new boat, fuel, insurance etc. and could they justify the expense with an un-certain economic future.

I'll see if I can garner more info from him and update you when I learn more.

HH

HH, did your friend have any idea as to why boat show sales fell so drastically? That is a huge number and it makes me wonder if it is an indication of the future in relation to other areas of the economy. But then there are many factors to consider, was the slump in high end boats or at the lower end of the scale?

Just curious.

Talking Sportsmans Show last year...

The boat package I am interested was quoted at almost $20 THOUSAND more than the quote I received on the exact same package a month later from a dealership in Hamilton.

Yes...I'm still kind of scratching my head about that one...

Stop it Joe...you're making me sick to my stomach.... if I just had of waited a year I could have saved a BUNDLE ! But then again the 2008 interior colours would have made me hurl anyhow!

Boat show...not unless I have nothing better to do...and can't see that happening. Isn't it thru the Feb 15th weekend? If so we'll be pullin Lakers up on Temagami to show Tonyb what they look like again.... :P:D

Edited by irishfield

Stop it Joe...you're making me sick to my stomach.... if I just had of waited a year I could have saved a BUNDLE ! But then again the 2008 interior colours would have made me hurl anyhow!

I'm sure Tony can stomach the '08 interior colours and sleep very well at night knowing that waiting a year will have paid for his "boathouse".

By the way Wayne, you needed that boat... that Glastron was holding you back!

-Brian

My son Nick is down there working the Crestliner display. It's his first experience at the boat show so take it easy on him folks. He's a good kid. Stop and say hi to him for me if anyone goes by there.

And tell him to be careful driving my truck down there. :wallbash:

If you get a chance swing by one of my seminars. I will be there Sat-Wed. Always good to say hi to OFC'ers!

Dave Mercer

Are you going to show us how to use a baitcasting reel? As I recall you had some trouble with that in the opening sequence of your show....... :whistling:

When are they scheduled?

edit:

In answer to my own question:

The Toronto International Boat Show, Toronto, ON - at The Great Canadian Fish Tank

Sat. Jan 12: 2:00pm

The Toronto International Boat Show, Toronto, ON - at The Great Canadian Fish Tank

Sun. Jan 13: 1:30pm

Mon. Jan 14: 3:00pm

The Toronto International Boat Show, Toronto, ON - at The Lake

Mon. Jan 14: 5:30pm – 6:00pm

Tues. Jan 15: 3:00pm

Wed. Jan 16: 3:00pm

The Toronto International Boat Show, Toronto, ON - at The Lake

Wed Jan 16: 6:00pm

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Edited by hometownhandyman

I went to the Boat Show for many many years, not really to buy anything, but just browse around and take a break from the winter and see what was new on the market.

Trouble now though, it's getting really expensive even to just get in the place. I think with the parking fee + the door ticket, were paying about $25, then add on another $10 or so for a watered down Coke and cold hamburg. Used to be able to park for free at Ontario Place and walk an extra 5 minutes, but now they even charge for that.

Nope, it used to be a good day to go see the new stuff, but now it just feels like a rip-off, least wise to me anyways, and I know alot of my friends have stopped going for the same reason.

I passed on the Sportsman Show last year for the same reason, but have heard it's sposed to be "new & improved" this year, so maybe I'll give it a try and see how it is.

Anyways, that's my 5¢ :Gonefishing:

Guest skeeter99

boat show is bad!!!! the wife made me buy my skeeter bass boat that I did not need!!!!! LOL!!!

how could I help with her frolicking on the deck saying you should buy this honey :wallbash:

hey lew the parking is still free at ontario place, just run across lakeshore and you are there!!!!

hey lew the parking is still free at ontario place, just run across lakeshore and you are there!!!!

hmmmmm, that's interesting skeeter, cause the last time I was there it was $5, but thanks for the tip, I'll giver another try when I head to the Sportsman Show.

Guest skeeter99

lew

I always go to the shows after 5 on weekdays and weekends only maybe during the day on weekdays they charge now not sure

but last year at the sportsman show it was free as bird

Parking is not free, its $11 and if you dont go through the little booths they have you have to get a ticket from the machines and you need a credit card for that,its a bit of a pain in the but as the lines to get your parking stub where 30 people deep when we got there