$43 fishing license?????

icewalker28

I bought my license today and was charged $43 at Canadian tire. Now i have bought many licenses in my day and i never heard of that much??? I read my regs and it says there is a new section for residents of Canada , as well as Residents of Ontario. I should have paid $23.79 , and residents of Canada ( non residents of ontario ) should be $44.06

I am calling the MNR tomorrow , but just wanted your imput. the girl at the desk said i was wrong , but i don't believe i am.

Please Help!!!

when i got a letter to the mail to renew my license, there were two options:

conservation license for 3 years $43

sport license for 3 years $75

check you renewal license number if you got the right one.

Edited by drwxr

I feel bad for paying that much because I never take fish home, catch and release and I hardly go fishing, probably like 20 times from spring to summer.

I'm going to risk being carded this year. Just joking. My card hasn't expired yet but the conservation sticker is still 15$ correct?

Edited by Anatz

$43 - the clerk must've made a mistake. I guess that's the Sports License for the Canadian Residents (but not Ontario Residents).

I've renewed today my Conservation License at the local Canadian Tire and the sticker for 2008 costed me $13.75 tax included. I've seen a printout attached to the counter where licensese were sold and indeed, at a first glance the 1 Yr. Sports License was over $40, but that was for Canadian Residents (non-Otarians).

Not sure if I'd call the MNR, I would rather go back to the operator that sold the license, explain them the confusion and obtain a refund. (If you purchased yours from Canadian Tire, no wonder... It took me half an hour of idling there, because most of the clerks were new and didn't know much about the outdoor licenses.)

I renewed on-line for a new card (what a scam) and 3-year sport license. I was able to print off a temp license (to be kept with my expired card) and I'm good to go.

My buddy renewed the same over the phone at about the same time (a few weeks ago) and is still waiting for his new card and isn't supposed to fish until he gets it.

We have a trip booked in a couple weeks...I hate to have to tell him "I told you so".

I bought my license today and was charged $43 at Canadian tire. I read my regs and it says there is a new section for residents of Canada , as well as Residents of Ontario. I should have paid $23.79 , and residents of Canada ( non residents of ontario ) should be $44.06

Please Help!!!

Hi Icewalker28,

You are right the fee of 43.00 is for Canadians that live in other provinces other than Ontario. The clerk at Canadian Tire was incorrect, we sell licenses at our store and it clearly states in the information package the prices to be charged. I would assume that this information was not passed on to all of the clerks at Canadian Tire.

Regards,

Sam

I renewed over the phone back in late November and received my new license in the mail on December 28th. Prior to receiving the card, I called the MNR to find out what gives. Was told that they had a problem with the vendor the Ministry hired to manufacture the cards and that I should receive it within a couple of days.

Was also told that if you did re-new over the phone and had not received my new license in time, I could go to the internet and print off a receipt, that, in conjunction with my expired card, would be deemed acceptable by the ministry.

Hope that helps?

HH

On-line is fine for all you lads with no apostrophy in your names. Unfortunately, with all the tax revenue, they couldn't find a capable programmer that can make the easy adjustments around the syntax error that an apostrophy in a name can generate.

Mr CO, Bruce Ward, converted another. Not worth hearing that speach again for the $10 a year difference and loss of fishing time eh Glen.

Joe... got one right here in the house. OMNR just doesn't see it as an issue. Guess not many Irish people fish...

Well i went down to the MNR office today and explained what happened. When the two ladies picked their jaws up , they straightened it out for me. I was charged for and given a 2008 Canadian resident sport license , not an Ontario resident sport license. They were sending someone to Canadian tire to straighten it out , but apparently it was a big deal.

they were very helpful and fixed everything with no problem.

Apparently , after my dad went in to get his done later , there were a few others starting to pop in reporting the same thing. Sucks to be Canadian Tire..........

Hitting Simcoe for some perch to try out my new license!!!lol

Cheers,

IW

Sucks to be Canadian Tire..........

CTC is a nice store to shop in IF you know exactly what you want and don't need to ask any questions, but very few of the staff seem to have any knowledge of the products their selling, and it sounds like this applies to fishing licenses too.

Good to hear you got it all straightened out.