Merry Christmas and Happy Winter to OFNER's

Pete Maina

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I returned to some emails about the TNB-EA magazines showing up in Canadian parts and wanted to chime in there ... a bit tardy with everything this fall as things have been hectic.

I did my first ice-fishing, and a TV show with John Gillespie a couple weeks ago. We did pretty well with a mixed bag of walleye, nice pike ... and a hybrid muskies and little true as well. That was fun; big group of friends and first ice is always good. (OF course we ate quite well too on the ice ... all part of the fun.)

Last night, I just returned from a week in Iowa with my dad and brother Steve, hunting deer. Had a great time; killed some deer and scared some as well ... hunting shack life is a good thing ... good for the soul ... no computers or phones. Was a bit cold though, and ever-windy, it seems there. The outhouse early in the morning was a bit unfriendly, but I guess not all news can be good. Otherwise a great trip really.

I had a fun open water season, and was blessed to have a good time with some friends ... was able to enjoy a milestone of my dad getting a 54 inch muskie (was reminded as he was telling all the other hunters in IA about it), which I shared with you all here.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi to all of you, wish you a Merry Christmas, great winter and exceptional new year. (Especially you Roy! ... say hi to wife and daughter for me)

Pete