Will We Ever Get Ice?

daisy_girl58

About 7-8 years back I graciously sent my wife to Hawaii with some relatives...the plan was I would take 2 weeks of vacation...I had a plan...get the kids to school, head to Simcoe, sled and fish all day, return home for the kids...Big problem...no snow and minimal ice in Jan/Feb. Vowed to never waste vacation for my wife's sake again!

Their calling for + 13 for the Toronto region tomorrow and looks like it'll be staying above freezing for awhile yet.

Last winter started the same, but the ice finally came in, although later than usual.

Maybe there really is something to this global warming.

Their calling for + 13 for the Toronto region tomorrow and looks like it'll be staying above freezing for awhile yet.

Last winter started the same, but the ice finally came in, although later than usual.

Maybe there really is something to this global warming.

Yeah theres gotta be something to do with global warming...

We do have ice up here in northwestern ontario, but it is not really too thick.

Some places, guys are even driving vehicles(trucks) on it.

NOT ME!!!!!!!!

Wont even trust it for my quad right now really. Walking out, OK.

But, I probably won't get out until after christmas, hope the bite is still on, but the moon phase does not hold and promise of that, lol.

yes lunkerbasshunter,they said on the weather channel its a big el-nino year and it does not look good for ice on the jan1st opener,even in the bancroft area,for 12 years ive fished there on jan 1st we have always had ice safe enough to fish on and put our 2 huts on the lake ,but this year is going to be questionable :dunno: well theres not much that we can do except wait,it will come just not for when we want it to,mother nature is making ua wait in anticipation :dunno::glare::santa:

We have ice, a group of us were out splake fishing yesterday through the ice. It's pretty wild though, the ice is 7and3/4 thick but since we have had no snow the ice is solid and clear.Which means when walking out on the lake we could see everything on the bottom, logs, sand bars, shelfs, garbage. It was great for finding the spots we wanted to fish, but a little freaky looking down and seeing all this stuff was making me feel a little nauseated. The splake were biting , but a little slow probally because of the clear ice.

It was still great getting out !!!

Well I will keep my gear by the back door so I can load up the truck

and head to great cement pond.....

Well good news if you are in Alaska they are ice fishing!

Lets load up and head there if it doesn't freeze!

Till then I will keep playing Puzzle Pirates....

Thanx!

Lorissa