Hockey Question

holdfast

Why Zetterburg

I say he’s the best right now because he’s been a great clutch player this year. When the Wings needed him to score he came through for them. He just had a hat trick tonight. Of course Don Cherry wouldn’t say he’s the best because he hates European players.

That's Ironic because that's what the Radio Host said also when he asked his audience their Opinion. He mentioned him (Zet) because of being an excellent two way player. You see the problem is that all I see is Mtl Games who play only in their division. So everybody thinks the best player is Crosby. WRONG OOO. there is another league, within a league

Gonna hafta go with Lecavalier and Timmy Thomas for netminders.

Lecavalier wont be the best for long, St Louis is gettin dealt to save coin.

Best save percentage in the league for TT and his GA aint to shabby either.

If the Bruins C gets back this year they are looking fine and dandy.

Tim Thomas for sure. That guy faces 25-35 shots average a nite and he pulls off some wicked saves. Thats why he's hurt right now trying to make a big save...Watched him the other nite...looked like a pulled groin....owww might be a few games off. Savard ain't no slouch either wicked assist man. B)

All of the above posts are right. That's why it's so hard to get agreement on that question. There are too many factors to be considered and everyone has different priorities. I generally have no idea who the best player is at any given moment, only who my favourite players are, and even that's hard to narrow down to even a few.

The other thing is that hockey's obviously a team game, or at least it's meant to be, and linemates have a lot to do with how good a player looks. That means there are a lot of influences coming to bear that are outside the control of the player in question - the coaching decisions, how well your linemates play on a given night, the line matchups you have to deal with, etc.

For sheer skill and entertainment I'd have to say Sidney's a pretty good choice, but for having all the tools the list is too long to start. But it's fun reading everyone else's thoughts on it.

Tonight my fave player may well be Andropov, or maybe Sundin, but I'll get a kick out of watching Boyd Devereaux. I know he won't make anyone's list but he has some hustle. Ya gotta love that in a mucker.

How about them Leafs, huh?

JF

Well said John,

Gotta agree....Syd the Kids an obvious choice IMO.

Beside possibly being the best "active" 2 way player, he's a competitor...

He generaly hates to loose, and thats something a lot of these guys seemed to have lost.

I can't stand complacency in a player....

When I was coaching, if I had a player who wasn't mad as heck about looseing....he wasn't playing much gaurenteed.

I've seen from experience that guys who don't care, are a cancer to a teams moral.

(That and they always seem to be the same guys who turn out to be all attitude, and who's play falls off right off the map

after they get that big salary increase...Brian Mc Cabe I'm looking in your direction)

Secondly,

Syds a natural leader...he doesn't just yap, and muck it up, he walks the walk, and leads by exsample.

A guy who can inspire his team mates will increase the entire teams play...thats a HUGE advantage.

And if you want to delve into the business, and sports well being aspect...

He's a marketing gold mine!

He's young so he'll be around for a while, and he's well spoken.

But best of all he's a true sports idol for the kids...A clean, effective, well presented player, and a model the league would love to clone.

Thats my thoughts....take it or leave it :thumbsup_anim:

i think you have to look at each position individually...best all round forward i like IGINLA....best defenceman i like either NIK LIDSTROM or DION PHANEAUF......best goalie i like LECLAIRE from columbus blue jackets..just my opinion..

Edited by shooter