BOQ Nov 15 to 19 2007

irishfield

I left for the Picton at 7:30 am on Thursday and tried to time it so Terry and I hit there at the same time. Dano was stuck on a job site and would join us later that night. It’s tricky with one pulling a boat, the other not, but Terry got there..walked up the hill to the office and I pulled in just as he did so at 11:45. We were on the water and trolling the reach by 1PM.

Doesn’t he look really sad out fishing on a Thursday afternoon?! Lol

7boqa.jpg

There was no shortage of those damn suspended fish out there…but they weren’t hungry!

7boqb.jpg

We got skunked on Thursday and came back for supper, went out to yak with some lads up in the motel unit and then found a nice blaze that Glen had started. We actually thought our cottage was on fire at first…but no.. just Glen with a ‘bama wood pile fire.

7boqc.jpg

7boqd.jpg

Headhunter left home about 3:30am so he could join us in the boat for 7am….and he was more than on time. Found him wandering around outside about 6:30…peeking in the windows itchin to get on the water! Off we went..and we trolled and we trolled. Joe/Dano and Terry drivin.

7boqe.jpg

Another shot…Joe, Dano and Terry pointing where he wants to troll next! LOL

7boqf.jpg

Long after lunch Dano finally gets one on in front of the Cement factory across from Merland.

7boqg.jpg

7boqh.jpg

7boqi.jpg

Right after that he also caught a nice size pike…but my camera was on the fritz…we got a shot on Dan’s camera so he’ll add that I’m sure.

Saturday we were again up bright and squirrly… a nice Shimano sunrise!

7boqj.jpg

And a scenery shot

7boqk.jpg

Not much goin on…so time for the three amigo pose!

7boql.jpg

Saturday we got the big skunkaru and came back to have supper, bon-fire and watch a hockey game + some of the pot luck festivities. Here’s Joey selling beer for $5 each !

7boqm.jpg

Dan showing the only safe way to get to your boat in the morning at Merland. A little no slip tape would go a long way to save them from lawsuit one day on those damn plastic “Jetdock” systems.

7boqn.jpg

7boqo.jpg

Sunday we hit the water once again and Terry wanted to leave at noon…so about 11am of course he had to catch a nice 30” x 14lb SHEEPSHEAD. Gave him a good fight…pulled lead core off like crazy…stunk like hell and my boat is still a slim mess from that baby. Such a big fish..with no gill flaps to get a hold of. Funny though that fishing was so slow that I was being asked for bait colour and distance back by someone on the VHF…just so he could get a customer a fish! LOL

7boqp.jpg

7boqq.jpg

More action shots…or non-action shots. Trolling…trolling and more trolling…nadda!

7boqr.jpg

7boqs.jpg

The Glenora Ferry missed us again! Almost got our planner boards one day.

7boqt.jpg

Sunday evening…sunset 4:40…fish on 4:42 (thanks Dan for letting me take your rod…dang that didn’t sound right) 25” and a bit. Not sure if this was a migratory or resident fish.

7boqu.jpg

Dano with another at 4:45

7boqv.jpg

Time to get Dano back to his girlfriend!

7boqx.jpg

Dano and I stayed over to fish Monday. Very little boat traffic…those stacked fish out on the reach had disappeared/dispersed and he managed to pick up one little eater size fish, that we of course released to grow for another day.

7boqy.jpg

We loaded up the boat and had it ready to trailer by about 3:30. Home in the pouring rain by 8PM Monday night.

And other than that….what happened at Quinte…stays at Quinte!

7boqz.jpg

Your a dead man Wayne :P It was actually 25 bucks a beer, notice he tried to get away without giving me the fiver B)

Very nice report and really great pics. So no skunkaroo for you :thumbsup_anim:

Nice Sheepshead Terry, did you mount that :w00t:

Joey

Great stuff Wayne!

Just curious but did anyone in the OFC contingent troll Picton harbour at night?

When I was there a couple weeks ago the shad were just starting to enter

as were the big 'eyes. Some pretty easy fishin' at night if you can pull yourself away

from the campfire....

Cheers