Merland Park, BOQ G2G 2007

BFSC Kevin

Alright. Lets see how to begin?

Long weekend!

For me this trip was going to just begin as a one day thing, coming in on Saturday but then as you may all know, fishindevil's original partner had something that came up so then he asked me to come along with him for the whole weekend a Merland's.

After thinking for a few hours, I finally decided, and of course, DUH, the answer was yes.

Since I had an assignment due on Friday at 5pm, I had to finish it and hand it in before I left for fishindevil's place at 4:30.

So I pulled an all niter, finally finished it and handed that in at 4:00am and go flying down to his place to get on our way.

so.. I was a tad late to his place.... :whistling:

he was all ready for me and I shoved my one duffel bag of crap and my rods into his car and off we went!

we then decided to stop over at Carra outdoor's to say hi to Sam but it was 6:30 when we got there, thinking it'll open up at 7am, but in actuality, it opened up at 8am. DANG!

oh well, off we head to Merland's.

While heading over, we can tell it was going to be pretty rough.. well... what do you think?

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG

one brave soul heading out,.. hell.. not me...

IMG_6123.JPG

IMG_6124.JPG

So we went over to the ferry to check it out over there.. well it was hell... alot worse..

so we dropped off the boat and went back to Carra's and by that time, he had just opened up.

Was real nice to meet Sam. I'll be sure to drop on by again!

Shortly after, we headed back to Merland's, with not much left to do but to organize everything..

and here was our luxury 5 star room...

IMG_6117.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

(above: Vatordude)

With the intense winds, we didn't have much to do, so a bunch of us hung around our porch, talked about anything....

IMG_6126.JPG

(Above L to R: fishindevil, douG, slowpoke, bassmastermike, Vatordude)

time went by fairly quickly and it was already night!

with GCD and douG taking care of the fire..

IMG_6127.JPG

note:that's lexxington, not douG

IMG_6128.JPG

(Greencoachdog & Lexxington)

IMG_6130.JPG

(Ted & the Gadget & Greencoachdog)

I didn't stay out too long, was cold and i didn't get much sleep, so i hit the sack early that night...

after having some of that DELICIOUS food that GCD whipped up, much appreciated, thank you!!

(sorry no pics of that).....

next day(sat) the plan was to wake up at 4:45 to head on out to the water, welll....... you know.. the alarm goes off, you hit snooze and it goes off again, and you're like, dag nammit....

finally up and ready, went to the ramp at the habour. first thing we see when we got out there.. a big f150 with 4 wheel drive spinning his wheels like made trying to get up the iced up ramp... OH GREAT!.. if he had trouble going up that, we were gonna have a tonne of trouble with our car... however a nice man(lonely fisherman i thin( came along, still waiting for his clients and gave us some salt to us on the ramp.. and after spending that extra 40 mins at the ramp.. we were off!~!!

DERBY DAY!

IMG_6132.JPG

and here was my entry for the tourney....

coming in at 29 inches... at around after the first 10 mins of putting our boards out...

IMG_6136.JPG

about an hour or two after, my board looked a bit funny, so hell.. lets bring it in and check if there is a tiny fish on or some weeds, well sure enough.. here it is...

IMG_6139.JPG

this one wasn't so lucky, it came home with me ;)

mm mm pickeral...

today(sat) we were marking quite a bit of bait and larger fish, but couldn't entice them to bite anymore.. sadly for fishindevil.. after 10 years or something, finally got skunked on the BOQ...

IMG_6144.JPG

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6148.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

here was a quick pic of sat night on the porch with Vatordude just coming in, Slowpoke and bassmastermike having a drink, carole's and douG's back, and mr cranksbait checking out vatordude :D

IMG_6155.JPG

we had one hell of a feast that night... thanks to mikethepike & others for organizing the pot luck, sorry no pics of that or the food..

not too long after the dinner, some of the people went off to fish, some to the fire and some, like me, hit the sack.... or maybe i was the only one?

i was gone out cold by 11:30pm... been a long cold day!

now today is sunday...

wake up, went to timmies for a quick coffee, wasn't so quick.. the manager decided to change the tills while 10 fishermen were standing in line to get their morning fixing!! got some gas and off we were for the final day of the trip....winds coming from the north east, so we went over to the ferry for nice calm launch.. well after some salting of the ramp again by another gentlemen.. the local sunoco didn't carry salt.. i couldn't believe it...

well here are a couple shots of the 7am ferry ride sunrise...

IMG_6156.JPG

(my new desktop background :clapping: )

IMG_6158.JPG

and here we go again..

IMG_6162.JPG

today we ran from the ferry up to keith's shoal, not marking too much fish.. did two passes, naddda!

flew over to the lighthouse.. NADDA!

so at 2pm ish we called it a day...

I had hell of a time... met alot of great people.. had some great food.. got out onto the water.. even hooked into some fish.. so i can't complain too much...

gotta do something like this again soon. good stuff!

and gotta thank fishindevil for teaching me on how to hook into some of those BOQ walleyes..

kevin

Edited by kevin

Great report Kevin. Although you should get rid of the MR. , I'm not that old :huh: .I was happy to hear fish were being caught as soon as I arrived. But then the reports were getting thin, oh well. I too had a great time meeting everyone.

I also want to say thanks for the hospitality of cabin 4 for letting me crash on the floor, although they don't believe I stayed there as I was out before they were all awake. Thanks to Ted as well for taking me on his boat on Sunday, alowing me to leave mine parked on the hill. It was a much more pleasant experience on the water being in your boat. I'm sure Mike appriciated it too!

What an awsome group. I showed up not knowing a sole and was quickly made to feel right at home. Had some great laughs, really good food, and got a t-shirt too!!

Great report bud !!!! kev it was a pleasure fishing with you as you are a great guy :w00t: ,and although i got the big skunk,....you did manage to nail 2 nice walleyes !!!! and for a while there i thought we had won the derby,oh well better luck next time...and i hope to go fishing with you again in the future,and i hope you get your boat all done so we can get her down there to quinte one more time before the hard water comes....great pics as well,and i waqs glad to meet everyone and i had a great time despite the lousy fishing conditions but hey WE NEVER GAVE UP,AND TRIED AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!!!!! so get that boat ready and if i can help you or you need help let me knlw bud....cheers shawn :thumbsup_anim::clapping::Gonefishing: