Good idea? Or gimmick?

danc

Good Idea? maybe <_< .... Gimmick ? << ... I think so.

I wonder if they actually studied this or just marketed the net?

Probably had left-over '' Jelly Shoes " melted them down and made nets out of them..

Might work better in clear water...who knows ..screw it ! I'm ordering one!

I dont want to catch any trout that would fit in that net...lol,..well maybe a few small residents in the summer,...otherwise,..unless your fishing on top of a peir,...no net required...on the river that is....;)

Edited by Uncle Milty

I dont want to catch any trout that would fit in that net...lol,..well maybe a few small residents in the summer,...otherwise,..unless your fishing on top of a peir,...no net required...on the river that is....;)

Well we don't all catch them as big as you do Uncle. Our Brookies only top out at about 24".

Well we don't all catch them as big as you do Uncle. Our Brookies only top out at about 24".

Just a joke Dan,...Beleive me i would take some of those nice brookies you guys get up there anytime i get the chance..and I do know how big they get too,...down here we gotta settle for what we have,..Steelies,..noone on the river really uses a net for them,...after all how do u get a 24-30" fish in that net without hurting it?,..;theres no need really!!!

There's something I don't understand here. Let me get this straight. You have a brookie on your line. It has a #6 hook in the mouth and is fighting for its life. Now you want to use an invisible net so as not to 'spook' it??? Splain please.

There's something I don't understand here. Let me get this straight. You have a brookie on your line. It has a #6 hook in the mouth and is fighting for its life. Now you want to use an invisible net so as not to 'spook' it??? Splain please.

LOL.... I agree Roy. I just thought I'd throw this out there for some reaction.

Actually on the river,...a net will spook steelhead once it gets close after the main fight...and many times this will be the 'breakoff/self-release point',...I thought that was well known...is it different with specks on the lake?

Actually on the river,...a net will spook steelhead once it gets close after the main fight...and many times this will be the 'breakoff/self-release point',...I thought that was well known...is it different with specks on the lake?

Not just with a steels few other fish will see the net and will give a good run. If the fish didn't care for the net we woundn't care if the net guy tried to net the tail 1st.

Edit: but I'm sure if the fish would be spooked by the net, it would be spooked by the guy with the net too...

Edited by Kory~K

What are the Most Relaxing Colors? blues and greens make us feel calm, balanced, and less emotional.

Hey Roy, maybe the net should be blue or green to calm the fish down. LOL

Some people will buy it, I'm just not one of them, besides you can still see the frame.

Not just with a steels few other fish will see the net and will give a good run. If the fish didn't care for the net we woundn't care if the net guy tried to net the tail 1st.

Edit: but I'm sure if the fish would be spooked by the net, it would be spooked by the guy with the net too...

Many ways to land a steelie without hurting it or spookin it too much,..just gotta plan in advance!!! ;)