SOAP OPERA NONE FISHING

BITEME

So once again i fell into a bucket of sheet and smell like a rose

About 15 years ago I was asked to drive a 5 ton truck to Smithfalls and clear out a cottage owned by my father in laws uncle. any way deal was anything I wanted i could have as long as it fit in the truck with what he wanted. long stary short i made off like a bandit a boat motor and trailer bed furniture all kinds of stuff.

Well tucked up inside the bow ofthe boat was a heavy object wrapped in a mechanics rag i opened it up to find a lion hood ornament signed by a CBRAU in the back of my mind I thought it was unique anyway its ended up in alot of places over the years and finnally i stored it in a box and the last time i seen it was 7 years ago well i was cleaning the crawl space and there it was in a box. now i had tried to find out about this before with no luck internet was still a baby. so today i find some interesting info Ill let the link speak for itself. it was about to become the head of a walking stick it was even going on the front of the boat at one time

http://www.antiques.dk.com/detail.php/Deco...20Deco/10422755

this particular one i have is immaculate and as shiny as the day it was done you can even see the shaping marks under the silvering. well thats my story or Soap Opera for the day

Im going to be building a family room

THE_LION_0092.JPG

THE_LION_0112.JPG

THE_LION_0182.JPG

Some good doo do comes out of Smiths Falls from time to time! Most of it HOT... lol Wrapped in a Mechanics rag...wonder who's hood it came off?

So you sayin you're not gonna keep it.... :P

Do you remember where the cottage was..down there in my stompin grounds.

Edited by irishfield

Very cool!

Any idea what it's a mascot for? Looks like the hood ornament from a car...

Possibly off the hood of an old Citroen from that time era. Many Citroens in the Ottawa Valley/western Quebec.

Could have been on a delage or a dietrich as well...but they had greyhounds it appears.

More of his work.

"421 A fine and rare 'Leaping Lion' mascot by Casimir Brau, French, circa 1925, £4,000 to 5,000 "

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?S...3&Currency=

http://www.carmascot.com/Showcase/MetalMas...trich/index.htm

Edited by irishfield

The mans name was Pugsly Evry year i have a shot for him when I put the boat in the water he was a professor at Mcgill and a wartime cineematographer

i have some very interesting training footage transfered to vhs from super 8 super eight was going south it would make a wild documentory

as for selling it we all got a price they say im still in shock i will be transfering the 3 vhs to dvd shortly.

THANKS AGAIN PUGSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Looks like he collected other things if this is your man. Very interesting.

http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/pugsley/pugintro.htm

But this is so NF it's boring. Great mystery for a cold night...

The Map Collection

The Map Collection in the Department of Rare Books and Special Collections contains over 6,000 historical maps, dating from 1556 to the 1940s. The major strengths of the collection are the discovery and exploration of North America, works by sixteenth century European cartographers (i.e. Hondius, Ortelius and Speed), and Canadian and Montreal maps from the nineteenth and twentieth Century.

The Pugsley Maps

In 1971-72 Dr. William Howard Pugsley, a McGill alumnus, donated a collection of 50 early Canadian maps, dating from 1556 to 1857, to the McGill University Libraries. Dr. Pugsley collected these maps during the late 1930s, and World War II, principally in England. Now housed in the Department of Rare Books and Special Collections in the McLennan Library, this set of maps tells the story of the discovery and exploration of North America. The oldest map in the Pugsley collection is from Ramusio's Delle navigationi et Viaggi, vol. 3, 1556, the first book published to present a detailed account of North America.

William Howard Pugsley, 1912-1993

William Howard Pugsley was born in Montreal in 1912. He attended Ashbury College in Ottawa, from which he graduated in 1929. He spent the next year at the Sorbonne in Paris, and then attended McGill University, graduating with a B.Com. (Honours) in 1934. In 1936, he received an M.B.A. (with High Distinction) from Harvard Business School and in 1950, a Ph.D. in Economics from McGill. During World War II, Pugsley was a Lieutenant in the Canadian Navy, but resigned his commission to write a book about the Lower Deck: Saints devils and ordinary seamen (Toronto: Collins, 1945). After the War, he spent several summers with the fleet and published another book about the life of a sailor in the Canadian Navy: Sailor Remember (Toronto: Collins, 1948). Then a third book about the Navy was written: Return to the sea: Lower Deck of the Canadian Navy revisited eleven years after the 1945 demobilization (Don Mills: Collins, 1960). From 1954 to 1981, Professor Pugsley taught in the School of Commerce, McGill University, later the Faculty of Management. In 1981, he was the producer of McGill's Red and White Revue. William Pugsley died in Ottawa in 1993.

Looks like he collected other things if this is your man. Very interesting.

http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/pugsley/pugintro.htm

But this is so NF it's boring. Great mystery for a cold night...

The Map Collection

The Map Collection in the Department of Rare Books and Special Collections contains over 6,000 historical maps, dating from 1556 to the 1940s. The major strengths of the collection are the discovery and exploration of North America, works by sixteenth century European cartographers (i.e. Hondius, Ortelius and Speed), and Canadian and Montreal maps from the nineteenth and twentieth Century.

The Pugsley Maps

In 1971-72 Dr. William Howard Pugsley, a McGill alumnus, donated a collection of 50 early Canadian maps, dating from 1556 to 1857, to the McGill University Libraries. Dr. Pugsley collected these maps during the late 1930s, and World War II, principally in England. Now housed in the Department of Rare Books and Special Collections in the McLennan Library, this set of maps tells the story of the discovery and exploration of North America. The oldest map in the Pugsley collection is from Ramusio's Delle navigationi et Viaggi, vol. 3, 1556, the first book published to present a detailed account of North America.

William Howard Pugsley, 1912-1993

William Howard Pugsley was born in Montreal in 1912. He attended Ashbury College in Ottawa, from which he graduated in 1929. He spent the next year at the Sorbonne in Paris, and then attended McGill University, graduating with a B.Com. (Honours) in 1934. In 1936, he received an M.B.A. (with High Distinction) from Harvard Business School and in 1950, a Ph.D. in Economics from McGill. During World War II, Pugsley was a Lieutenant in the Canadian Navy, but resigned his commission to write a book about the Lower Deck: Saints devils and ordinary seamen (Toronto: Collins, 1945). After the War, he spent several summers with the fleet and published another book about the life of a sailor in the Canadian Navy: Sailor Remember (Toronto: Collins, 1948). Then a third book about the Navy was written: Return to the sea: Lower Deck of the Canadian Navy revisited eleven years after the 1945 demobilization (Don Mills: Collins, 1960). From 1954 to 1981, Professor Pugsley taught in the School of Commerce, McGill University, later the Faculty of Management. In 1981, he was the producer of McGill's Red and White Revue. William Pugsley died in Ottawa in 1993.

This is the Guy