Late Salmon - A new personal best

ccmtcanada

With the winds howling tonight, bly and I decided to hit the mouth of a local trib, where it's nice and protected from the huge gusts we were getting at home.

Armed with skien and tied roe bags, we headed off at around 8pm, set up our rods and began fishing for those beautiful early Steelhead that we heard were in the area. After 2 hours of nothing but a few missed hits, I finally hook a fish!

It started out fighting like a Steelie...and I was pretty excited!! Suddenly, the thing peeled TONS of drag and I had a hard time keeping it under control. At one point it swam right at me, so I was reeling like a madman trying to make sure I didn't lose this fish.

Well, as it got closer for bly to net, I knew I had a PB weight. As it turned out, it beats my PB length by one inch and it's more than 2 pounds heavier than my old PB weight....coming in at 24.5 pounds!!!

Wow...a night where we were getting ready for the big skunkaroo (we've had a lot of those lately...hence no reports....LOL), I got lucky with this big female Chinny.

PBSalmon39inches24pounds7ounces.jpg