12 V Battery Charger?

urbanangler1990

hey guys i recently received a 2100 Tournament Fish Finder by Bottom line and a 12 v battery by NICA power battery Corp. NLA12V7.2Ah to go with it. My question is where and for how much would i be looking at a charger for this unit? Ive been told to look for a auto matic shut off charger, 1 amp being best, but still not sure where and how much i could get one, any help would be much appreciated.

canadian tire,i have one its a good one it has 2amp-10amp and 60 for starting a car i use the 2amp trickle charge and it slowly and very deep-cycle will charge it then when charged will shut off,automaticlyit will also do 6volt too,it has a gauge to tell you haw many amps are going in as well for about 50-70 bucks

ua1990,

I got a 12V charger from LeB when I bought a new battery for my sonar, but you can probably pick one up anywhere (CT, BPS, Walmart, etc).

I think it cost around $50, but I can't remember exactly. Well worth having, the portable sonar I have can run for days on a single charge. (But the battery will eventually give it up).

Mike

One small point of fact, battery chargers should put out no more than what's called "C/10" of a batterys amperage. Therefore, a small 12V 7Amp battery should not be charged by a charger with a greater output than .7amps or 700mA. C/10 is capacity divided by 10 or 10% of the batterys capacity. BPS has the small 500mA chargers. Even at full discharge, don't leave the charger on for longer than 10-12 hours. Just trying to save you a buck.

Very good advise fisherman...I was just going to post for that small of a battery..about the size of a small ATV battery... the simple plug in "adapter" style charger is more than sufficient. Like the one you use for handheld radios,,,but a tad heavier output. I have one of these on our little Moto4 ATV. Does the trick when it's needed.

What you have there is a 7.2 AH 12 volt battery which is the same as used in home alarm systems.

Your home alarm system (if you have one) is constantly being charged. Just swap batteries before every fishing trip.

UA1990,

Glad you found one. I was going to tell you to give John Shoreman a call at Battery Boys Mississauga or BBM. They are on Shawson Drive, just North of the 401 , West of Dixie Road.

1235 Shawson drive, Unit 11B

(905) 564-7865 or 1 888 DCVOLTS

They have every type of rechargeable battery and charger imaginable, and the prices have always been decent too.

UA1990,

Glad you found one. I was going to tell you to give John Shoreman a call at Battery Boys Mississauga or BBM. They are on Shawson Drive, just North of the 401 , West of Dixie Road.

1235 Shawson drive, Unit 11B

(905) 564-7865 or 1 888 DCVOLTS

They have every type of rechargeable battery and charger imaginable, and the prices have always been decent too.

Hey thanks Rattletrap2, i will keep that place in mind next time if i have battery/chargery problems.