Great Deal On a Boat

solopaddler

It's currently listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-LUND-MR-PIKE-17-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

I emailed him saying I'd buy it for his asking price of $3500, but had a bunch of questions including wanting to talk to him directly..

Here's his response to me:

"I would first like to let you know that the boat is in perfect condition and will be come with a clear title. Price is $3,500.00 including the shipping, my associate will ship it via BoatTransportQuotes. I`m currently in Miami running a reseller business. If you want to buy it, email me your shipping address including the full name and i will initiate the sale through eBay. After that, you will get an online insurance from eBay with the payment instructions. Please also include your eBay ID in your reply."

Thank you

"I would first like to let you know that the boat is in perfect condition and will be come with a clear title. Price is $3,500.00 including the shipping, my associate will ship it via BoatTransportQuotes. I`m currently in Miami running a reseller business. If you want to buy it, email me your shipping address including the full name and i will initiate the sale through eBay. After that, you will get an online insurance from eBay with the payment instructions. Please also include your eBay ID in your reply."

Thank you

Hmmm...Took out my code book....if you look at the highlighted/bolded letters in his response you get....

motorissucky...or motor is sucky.

Hmmm...be careful!!!

Ok...can you tell I'm bored??

Well his feedback seems to be okay. I would guarantee with Ebay that the insurance is there to cover the deal first in case anything goes wrong. Otherwise, he only has 3 bad feedback and has been dealing on ebay since 1989.

Joey

Well his feedback seems to be okay. I would guarantee with Ebay that the insurance is there to cover the deal first in case anything goes wrong. Otherwise, he only has 3 bad feedback and has been dealing on ebay since 1989.

Joey

Damn you woman, stop putting ideas into my head! :D

Well you just have to go through his feedback. One of them was a car recently and that went well by the looks of it. I'm not in any way saying this is not a scam, I just deal on ebay all the time and 3 bad feedback out of 341 over that many years is not bad at all. And ebay/paypal does have insurance. Your call bud.

Joey

Something smells funny about that deal. Either the guy is on crack or there is some major problems with it if he's going to let it go for $3,500.

My buddy bought a 2003 Lund Rebel 16 w/40HP Merc on it for $5,700 & I seen the same boat going for 7,500 to 8,000. Ended up that the guy was hard up for cash & took the first offer he got. Nothing wrong with the boat.

Well it looks amazing....BUT...the price seems a little low...that package brand new was over 20 grand...its not that old,and would prob go for more money,has it been sunk,was it a repo,does it leak...man for that price i would be driving right now to see that boat in the water and see for myself,i own a lund as well,and i have been on e-bay for along time ....and it just doesnt add up....sorry thats just me...i hope its not what im thinking...good-luck <_<:dunno::blink::unsure::huh:B)

As Joey said, his feedback is decent.

If you go for it, do the transaction through e-bay, not privately.

It looks like it may go for even less than $3,500 as there is no reserve on the boat. I would suspect there is something major wrong with it for that price, seems others are scared off too. Could be the deal of the century or a complete dud.

Guest lundboy

That's basically the boat I have except in green (yuck), and I have a 135 Ficht. I would say the boat alone is worth at least $8000 used without the motor. It was $14000 new in 2000. The motor would have been about $9,000 new but since it's a Ficht, wouldn't be worth more than $2k-3k used today (get more for parts).

No one wants a Ficht, can't get em serviced easily (no dealers), problems with fuel pumps etc., no one will take as trade in.

Other than that, it's a fantastic deal and it is quite possible someone needs the cash real bad, with all the credit problems down there, and housing repos going on, maybe $3500 will allow the guy to keep his home. Even if the motor is pooched (which seems to be pretty hard to do as long as you used ficht oil), it may only need about $2k for repairs (or $8000) who knows.

BTW... I don't know if it means anything, but the registration number is covered up in the pic. Makes it hard to trace the owner before hand.

Edited by Spiel

Well, after contacting ebay in an attempt to get some confirmation on the legitimacy of this auction, within 2 hours they pulled the listing and contacted me saying do not provide this person with any information.

Guess it was what it appeared to be, a scam :D