Went fishing today

TennesseeGuy

Thanks everybody. Life is good up here.

Just got in and we're about to get into some walleyes, navy beans, corn bread, sweet potatoes, turnip greens and boiled walleye strips with cocktail sauce. We also have a few blue cans of drinks.

The thermometer didn't dip too low today, but strong swirling wind and rain made for a nasty day on the water.

No big pike today and fishing was tough, but we came across plenty of walleyes. We earned every one of them.

BrianV, you'd make a great detective. Or a bombadire. We're at Sportsman's and will leave Friday when moose hunters arrive. Howey Bay Camps have two outpost cabins at the other end of the lake. The mouth of Rathouse River was kind to me yesterday and gave up several walleyes in the past couple of hours. Some maps might show it as Chukuni River.

I've missed only one October up here in about 15 years, many times alone. This time I have two "friends" with me. Neither brought a fish cleaning knife.

Well done Coach! I needed a pike fix knowing you got another trip in this year. I hope your knife-less friend brought along an 18" ruler for this trip - wouldn't want him to get "Maw"led again.

I'll sneak in a quick 4 days on Niagara starting this Sunday - hope to get some cooling rain before then.

Catch some walleyes, watch out for rock islands, say hello to "New Lar" for me.

The numbers are correct. Picked up dinner there tonight. Two guys soaking dead suckers caught 5 over 40" in the same spot today. No dead bait for me. Got my pike on Suicks today. More fun. Showed my partner how to get pike by letting the Suick sit still. We witnessed a couple of great explosions.

Gotta fry some walleyes now. Does anybody know how to open this blue can?

Well done Coach! I needed a pike fix knowing you got another trip in this year. I hope your knife-less friend brought along an 18" ruler for this trip - wouldn't want him to get "Maw"led again.

I'll sneak in a quick 4 days on Niagara starting this Sunday - hope to get some cooling rain before then.

Catch some walleyes, watch out for rock islands, say hello to "New Lar" for me.

Well look who came out of the woodwork lol. Kyle those rocks don't move do they :whistling:

Graftongal you have no idea how much I wish right about now, hope to see ya both next spring.

Connie you can forget your knife next trip.